• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub
    from the FWIW department......to be honest, i wasnt sure if my RRA was properly staked

bought it a year ago...just came home and checked

it is...

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    i own the rock island of the AR world the del-ton got it for 800.00 otd magpul all the way round took the left overs and got mags cleaning kit and 500 rds of .556
    i did restake the gas tube just for my sake but it has 1500 rds in it not the caddliac of ARs but she runs for me fine!!!!

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Doesn't the border patrol use rra carbines? Flame me hard if I am wrong, cuz I'm talking out my ass. I don't remember where I heard it from. I have personally seen two bushmaster carbines that were lemons.

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    DPS runs Bushmasters and seems happy with them despite all the hate you read on various forums.

No, they are most certainly not happy with them, atleast the few that I am friends with. Higher ups are more about conformity over function. All my friends can talk about is how they want colts, and everyone they know who is in with them.

tussery

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    Corpus Christi
    No, they are most certainly not happy with them, atleast the few that I am friends with. Higher ups are more about conformity over function. All my friends can talk about is how they want colts, and everyone they know who is in with them.

Are they just no happy because they have a snake on them and not a pony, or are there legitimate issues that are causing them not to function?

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Lol, my boss just called me. His Bushmaster has a case stuck in the chamber. He wanted to bring it to me to fix, but I told him to just tap it out with a cleaning rod. He is pissed off, and whining. Lol. They told him at Cabelas that "Navy SEALS carry these into combat daily" lmfao.

gln305

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2012
    Lakehills, TX
    OK, got my new AR-15 and got it all decked out....

AR.gif

Just kidding, found this online and it made me chuckle LOL

gln305

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2012
    Lakehills, TX
    Got my new rifle home. After research and talking to some experts, I am confident with my choice. I sure am happy so far and am looking forward to shooting it Sunday at Eagle's Peak.

IMG_0446.gif

JBerry

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Doesn't the border patrol use rra carbines? Flame me hard if I am wrong, cuz I'm talking out my ass. I don't remember where I heard it from. I have personally seen two bushmaster carbines that were lemons.

All DHS components (CBP, Border patrol, ICE, HSI, FPS) issue COLT M4 rifles (14.5") with the SOPMOD kit. KAC rails and Eotec sights. SRT/BORTAC guys get MK18 uppers (10.5"), Shotgun is 14" 870. All other long guns (MP5, UMP 40, AUG, FN P90) are gone or are in the process of being phased out.

OP, get a Colt 6920, BCM or Daniel Defense. You get what you pay for. Skip the DPMS, Del Ton, Bushmaster stuff. Folks who talk about how rock solid their sample size of one has been do not have a large sample size to draw from. Colt has held on the the military contract for rifles for 50+ year, partly because of politics, but mostly because they build a quality rifle consistently. If you want a plinker type rifle you shoot 50 rounds a year through, get a cheap rifle. If you want a rifle that will go 50K rounds, and that you would bet your life of, get a quality rifle.

Cabelas is WAY over priced. Folks here are pointing you in the right direction with GT Distributors. Keep in mind, no one here is making a sales commission off of this. Any sales man might be truthful, or he might be out to make a sale, and a huge profit at your expense. $1300 for a DPMS or $995 for a Colt?? Gun shows have DPMS for around $750 all day long. And at $750 I would be wary of buying one. Get the Colt and have a gun you can always resell it without losing your ass, you buy that DPMS and you will be lucky to get $700 if you sell it.

It is you money and you life. Spend your $$ how you want. You have been warned. I hope whatever you get works out for you. This should be a fun experience, not a stressful one.

gln305

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2012
    Lakehills, TX
    Went by GT Distributors today and their prices are about 5-8% lower than Cabelas IF they will even acknowledge your existence. Unfortunately I went there to see about getting some night sights put on my Kimber, buying some of the ammo that was on sale and get some AR accessories, but they couldn't be bothered with me......so I walked out empty handed and won't be going back. I bought my rifle from Cabelas, paid $100 more than anywhere else, but they had it in stock, took the time to help me and treated me like a human. Red's could even beat the price, but they couldn't tell me if they would be able to get the rifle I wanted in days or months because of the way their suppliers work. Either way I am happy with my choice and look forward to shooting it Sunday and doing some upgrading/customizing when money and time allows.

I am kind of disappointed that this thread turned into a poo slinging contest, but looking at most threads on forums about AR-15's, it seems they all do. Really a shame because it brings people down versus encouraging them. But, I do appreciate the advice, PM's with links to good reads on other forums and suggestions on who to talk to about my purchase. Mission accomplished!

chris211

Gimme Back My Bullets!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2012
    TX
    Went by GT Distributors today and their prices are about 5-8% lower than Cabelas IF they will even acknowledge your existence. Unfortunately I went there to see about getting some night sights put on my Kimber, buying some of the ammo that was on sale and get some AR accessories, but they couldn't be bothered with me......so I walked out empty handed and won't be going back. I bought my rifle from Cabelas, paid $100 more than anywhere else, but they had it in stock, took the time to help me and treated me like a human. Red's could even beat the price, but they couldn't tell me if they would be able to get the rifle I wanted in days or months because of the way their suppliers work. Either way I am happy with my choice and look forward to shooting it Sunday and doing some upgrading/customizing when money and time allows.

I am kind of disappointed that this thread turned into a poo slinging contest, but looking at most threads on forums about AR-15's, it seems they all do. Really a shame because it brings people down versus encouraging them. But, I do appreciate the advice, PM's with links to good reads on other forums and suggestions on who to talk to about my purchase. Mission accomplished!

What did you end up buying? I think it's a law that you have to post photos so we can all get excited!!

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    No love for Armalite ??? Stoner did invent it ya know(while working for armalite). I have had zero issues with mine that weren't ammo related. Good price point and awesome build quality. It's almost like people don't even know they exist.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Busy rookies
    Top Bottom