Capitol Armory ad

Will Texas ever go to Second Amendment Carry?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big Dipper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    ATX & FC, WI
    Felons should either have their rights re-instated when they leave prison or they should stay locked up. Gangbangers? ^^^ This. Everyone who poses a threat to .gov will be labeled a "gangbanger".

I heartily agree!

Once they have "paid" for their crime they should have their rights restored. If they are an ongoing danger to society, there is no way that they should be released until that changes. What is the sense in releasing someone who is a danger to the rest of us and merely make it "illegal" for him/her to possess a weapon.

Tony2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2013
    Magnolia
    Felons should either have their rights re-instated when they leave prison or they should stay locked up. Gangbangers? ^^^ This. Everyone who poses a threat to .gov will be labeled a "gangbanger".

I understand what your saying they have paid their dues and gang members is a loose definition that could be applied to whomever. I am looking at changes to the current NICs. Instead of running everyone through it show your DL and if you clear their list then that's it. Maybe this is with the same result. I don't know. It all boils down to trust. and there aint none there

Jeffrey

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Longview, Tx
    The Constitution doesn't allow background checks of any kind. Look up the definition of "Infringe". No back ground checks. None. Period. End of discussion.

Odiferous

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Evans, Georgia

Every time I hear a lib say that felons should have their voting rights restored, I answer with "Along with their 2A rights."

Then I get to hear about how former felons are "too violent" to own guns - I agree with you on this - if they're still too violent, then keep them in jail.

What libs want is a large group of former felons voting Democrat...give them their 2A rights back and they just might vote the other way...oh, the horror of it all.

Just read that Obama is considering a large number of pardons for non-violent drug convictions...everything else aside, it's no coincidence that it would happen right before the mid-term elections.

Last edited:

Tony2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2013
    Magnolia
    The Constitution doesn't allow background checks of any kind. Look up the definition of "Infringe". No back ground checks. None. Period. End of discussion.

You are already infringed on. Look up NICS see if it isn't a background check. Not advocating them. End of discussion.

Hugh Jorgan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2014
    I, for one, hope Texas does not go to "open" carry...and here is why. Right now, as a CHL holder, I can go into most any establishment or business that does NOT have a 30.06 sign posted. Since ANY business has the right to post a 30.06 sign at any time, the ones that don't obviously choose not to because they dont see any necessity at this point. Now lets say 2A carry passes in Texas and all of a sudden you have every Tom, Dick and Harry in town carrying a sidearm on their hip. This may make business owners that normally have no problem with CONCEALED carry (outta sight, outta mind) putting up 30.06 signs for unnatural fear of old west gunfights breaking out in their establishments.

As a former resident of AZ, I can say it seemed there were a LOT FEWER places you could walk into with a gun (concealed or not) than there are in Texas. They dont have a "51% Rule" if I remember correctly...so any place that serves alcohol for consumption was banned from carry.

Last edited:

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    You're assuming Concealed and Open Carry would require the same sign. That's already a known potential issue and can be solved by separating the language and need for two signs.

You're also assuming a lot of people would open carry all the time. That's not necessarily the case even where its already legal (e.g. Arizona).

Polarbear6

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Central Texas
    I've open carried in Oklahoma and Montana and it didn't seem to turn any heads. No women and children running away screaming, no shop owners bolting their doors when they saw me coming. No streets running red with blood

franzas

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Richmond, VA
    I, for one, hope Texas does not go to "open" carry...and here is why. Right now, as a CHL holder, I can go into most any establishment or business that does NOT have a 30.06 sign posted. Since ANY business has the right to post a 30.06 sign at any time, the ones that don't obviously choose not to because they dont see any necessity at this point. Now lets say 2A carry passes in Texas and all of a sudden you have every Tom, Dick and Harry in town carrying a sidearm on their hip. This may make business owners that normally have no problem with CONCEALED carry (outta sight, outta mind) putting up 30.06 signs for unnatural fear of old west gunfights breaking out in their establishments.

As a former resident of AZ, I can say it seemed there were a LOT FEWER places you could walk into with a gun (concealed or not) than there are in Texas. They dont have a "51% Rule" if I remember correctly...so any place that serves alcohol for consumption was banned from carry.

this-is-a-sea-horse.gif

Wabbit69

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Austin
    As long as there are as many "blue" counties in Texas as there are, and Kalifornicators keep moving here, Constitutional and Open carry has a snowball's chance in hell. Personally, I think it's a better idea to focus resources on low-hanging fruit like Campus Carry.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Interview with John Pierce, co-founder of OpenCarry.org

Q: I have one last question. Here's a line from an Associated Press story about an open carry rally last October, at which Texans carried firearms at the Alamo. "Volunteers walked through the crowd placing red plastic straws in rifle chambers, a visible assurance they were not holding a round." The logical (to me) inference is that the open-carry activists tacitly understand that walking around with guns is an action that scares people, and the reason it scares people is that guns are lethal and not everyone who carries one is a responsible citizen who can be trusted. Why do you think open carry activists felt it was important to put straws in the chambers?

Edited Version:
    Open Carry, Concealed Carry and Crazy Carry - Bloomberg View

Full Verison

http://go.bloomberg.com/assets/files/2014/04/open-carry-full-text2.pdf

franzas

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Richmond, VA

Q: I have one last question. Here's a line from an Associated Press story about an open carry rally last October, at which Texans carried firearms at the Alamo. "Volunteers walked through the crowd placing red plastic straws in rifle chambers, a visible assurance they were not holding a round." The logical (to me) inference is that the open-carry activists tacitly understand that walking around with guns is an action that scares people, and the reason it scares people is that guns are lethal and not everyone who carries one is a responsible citizen who can be trusted. Why do you think open carry activists felt it was important to put straws in the chambers?

if I carry anything, open or concealed, you can bet your ass it will be loaded.

Polarbear6

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Central Texas

Edited Version:
    Open Carry, Concealed Carry and Crazy Carry - Bloomberg View

Full Verison

http://go.bloomberg.com/assets/files/2014/04/open-carry-full-text2.pdf

I find that so odd. I seriously doubt that any of the people who would be afraid of the scary men holding their scary guns would have any clue what a red straw in a chamber signified.

In addition, if one of those scary men wanted to hurt someone with his scary gun, it would only take a couple seconds to remove the red straw and chamber a round.

Am I missing something here?

ShelbyV8

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2008
    I am sure that if you 2a open carry you wouldn't want want LE to be able to approach you and ID you. Of course you would raise holly hell because they didn't they didn't ID and disarm the guy that shot your wife kids at McDonalds because they got his seat. As far as street gangs there is a whole set of rules and polices in determining gang members they are put into a data base with pictures criminal activity and known associates. You may want to pick your beer drinking buddies carefully.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

franzas

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Richmond, VA
    I am sure that if you 2a open carry you wouldn't want want LE to be able to approach you and ID you. Of course you would raise holly hell because they didn't they didn't ID and disarm the guy that shot your wife kids at McDonalds because they got his seat. As far as street gangs there is a whole set of rules and polices in determining gang members they are put into a data base with pictures criminal activity and known associates. You may want to pick your beer drinking buddies carefully.

If it's legal they shouldn't have to approach and ID you. Especially in a permissive or constitutional state. I.e. no permit needed for carry, what the **** would they look at?

I've said it many times before. I've never had a problem with it, nor has anyone else I know who OCs

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    I am sure that if you 2a open carry you wouldn't want want LE to be able to approach you and ID you.

Police need RAS to detain and PC to arrest, neither of which exist when legally openly carrying. This is like being pulled over so the cop can see if you have a driver's license. No RAS = No detainment.

Does it happen anyway? Sure. Cops do illegal/abusive things all the time. I saw a CCTV video of a guy who refused to talk to a cop through a fence. The cop called him a "Fucking moron." Better get rid of the first amendment. I saw a cops episode where two people refused to let cops in their house without a warrant. The cops broke their door down and arrested them both. I guess we should get rid of the fourth amendment since cops can abuse that, too. Hell, just ban anything a cop can use as a pretext for abuse so we can all feel safe and happy.

Of course you would raise holly hell because they didn't they didn't ID and disarm the guy that shot your wife kids at McDonalds because they got his seat.

Oh, jeez. The old "There will be blood in the streets," "Shootout at the okay corral," "People will shoot eachother over parking spaces" Brady Campaign nonsense that was debunked 20 years ago. My liberal meter is in the red right now.

You are criticizing open carry based on criteria which do not exist.

Last edited:

ShelbyV8

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2008
    What I am saying is you should be willing to demonstrate the fact that you are a honest law abiding citizen to have the opportunity to exercise your right to keep and bear arms. The illegal alien with terrorist ties who is a felon and has been adjudicated mentally deficient is not going to get a tatt on his forehead stating such. The intent is not to deprive you of your right, but to make sure that the person who doesn't have the right doesn't get to do the same things that you do.

Last edited:

franzas

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Richmond, VA
    What I am saying is you should be willing to demonstrate the fact that you are a honest law abiding citizen to have the opportunity to exercise your right to keep and bear arms. The illegal alien with teriost

I am and I do.

From what I've seen, illegals or "terrorists" won't open carry because it opens them up to scrutiny by police. They know they are illegally possessing a firearm, so they're not gonna broadcast it. Throwback to the old saying "only criminals conceal"

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    What I am saying is you should be willing to demonstrate the fact that you are a honest law abiding citizen to have the opportunity to exercise your right to keep and bear arms. The illegal alien with teriost

First and foremost, these rights are NOT government given. They are endowed upon you by your creator (whomever/whatever you believe or don't believe in). Second, you are innocent until proven guilty. They have to prove that I'm not a law abiding citizen first, otherwise they've got no cause to stop me. If open carry was legal, and I'm not waving a gun around or pointing it at someone, then there is no cause to think I'm not law abiding.

Top Bottom