Patriot Mobile

Will Texas ever go to Second Amendment Carry?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • franzas

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Richmond, VA
    You seem to misunderstand how things work. I don't have to demonstrate ANYTHING unless and until there is either reasonable (articulable) suspicion that I'm involved in committing a crime or, in some cases, a witness to one. A LEO that wants my ID or detention for investigation has to get to the point of REASONABLE suspicion first, not use contact with me to develop such.

Wouldn't this fall under the 4A?

I find it hard to believe that a cop can stop you for no reason.
    Target Sports

franzas

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Richmond, VA
    I stopped because it was going nowhere. There is a lot being stated that is pure false. Laws that are already in effect that you appear not to be aware of come into play. A LEO can ask for your ID as soon as you step from your property on to the sidewalk. If you fail to produce ID, you can be detained and transported to the PD for Failure to ID. If you have a CHL you can lose it for failure to ID. Anytime you are in pubic you are required to identity. This is already law in Texas. I was a LEO for 12 years and taught criminal justice at the local college for 15 years. I am sure that this makes you hate me even more. If you Don' like the laws in Texas move somewhere you like better.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Are you a certified warrior by any chance?
    How about a personal trainer?

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    I stopped because it was going nowhere. There is a lot being stated that is pure false. Laws that are already in effect that you appear not to be aware of come into play. A LEO can ask for your ID as soon as you step from your property on to the sidewalk. If you fail to produce ID, you can be detained and transported to the PD for Failure to ID. If you have a CHL you can lose it for failure to ID. Anytime you are in pubic you are required to identity. This is already law in Texas. I was a LEO for 12 years and taught criminal justice at the local college for 15 years. I am sure that this makes you hate me even more. If you Don' like the laws in Texas move somewhere you like better.

I find this hard to believe considering much of what you've been stating about Texas law is inaccurate.

When you spread disinformation like this it only confuses folks (e.g. You're wrong about ID)

ShelbyV8

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2008
    That is what I am talking about anytime I state facts you make some stupid irrelevant statement that has nothing to do with anything. I am sorry I don't like a lot of government control, but the more you take from the government the more they take from you.

Mike1234567

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    South Texas
    That is what I am talking about anytime I state facts you make some stupid irrelevant statement that has nothing to do with anything. I am sorry I don't like a lot of government control, but the more you take from the government the more they take from you.

Okay, now I'm pissed at your ignorant statements such as, "the more you take from the government the more they take from you". Please read your very own US Constitution which we're ALL arguing for but some of us are COMPLETELY IGNORANT of.

Last edited:

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.

You don't state facts, you state incorrect information.

"The more you take from the government the more they take from you"

WTF does that mean?

You are wrong on so much it's not even funny anymore. You must have been the worst cop ever.

wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    FYI, playing "CALL OF DUTY IX: DOUGHNUT WARRIOR" does not make you a "cop"...

The Second Amendment means exactly what it says. The fact that our black robed tyrants, jack booted thugs, and other self-selected overlords do not read or understand plain English is irrelevant to the fundamental facts at hand. Working within the system is one option currently being exercised. There are other options when "polite discourse" fails, including unleashing the hounds of h...err, lawyers... on those JBT and others.

ShelbyV8 "Anytime you are in pubic you are required to identity."

However, folks have less rights when in "pubic" than otherwise ;)

Alex

Last edited:

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Just be thankful that IQ test aren't a requirement for a CHL.

Be thankful they aren't mandatory for admission into the police academy or academia.

I'm starting to suspect ShelbyV8 is the same paid NSA troll as MPA1988.

If he was a cop and professor, which I highly doubt, he has to be in the bottom 1% as far as competency goes. Failure to ID law in Texas is as fundamental and easy to understand as it gets. You do not have to ID unless under arrest. It is illegal to give a fake name when detained. That's pretty much all the law says.

The fact he advocates detaining someone legally carrying a gun with no other RAS further demonstrates his incompetence.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    The question is: Are there more good guys in the world than bad guys?

If there are more good guys, then there's no reason to dread CC. If there are more bad guys, then the good guys need CC more than ever.

Remember....the bad guys don't care about what is legal....

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

ShelbyV8

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2008
    The law is there. Get off your high horse and call the Attorney Generals Office and ask. I have stated my qualifications what are yours? Schools no longer teach cursive reading or writing, so in a few years no one can read the constitution anyway since it is written in cursive. Did you know that?

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    You are either an idiot or sorely misinformed. Since TXI isn't here, let this former LEO school you, boy...

I stopped because it was going nowhere. There is a lot being stated that is pure false. Laws that are already in effect that you appear not to be aware of come into play. A LEO can ask for your ID as soon as you step from your property on to the sidewalk.

Correct. They can ask all they want...

If you fail to produce ID, you can be detained and transported to the PD for Failure to ID.

Incorrect.

Sec. 38.02. FAILURE TO IDENTIFY. (a) A person commits an offense if he intentionally refuses to give his name, residence address, or date of birth to a peace officer who has lawfully arrested the person and requested the information.
    (b) A person commits an offense if he intentionally gives a false or fictitious name, residence address, or date of birth to a peace officer who has:
    (1) lawfully arrested the person;
    (2) lawfully detained the person; or
    (3) requested the information from a person that the peace officer has good cause to believe is a witness to a criminal offense.

So, you're only in violation if you've (a) been lawfully arrested and refuse or (b) been lawfully arrested, detained, or witnessed a crime and provide false information. It is not a crime to refuse to ID if those circumstances (referred to as "elements of the crime") aren't met.

If you have a CHL you can lose it for failure to ID.
    Technically correct. Your license can be suspended for a pending Class B or higher charge and revoked for a conviction for a Class B or higher charge. This does require a valid charge, see above for the elements of the crime required for an affidavit of probable cause for arrest.

Anytime you are in pubic you are required to identity. This is already law in Texas.

Incorrect. See above from PC 38.02.

I was a LEO for 12 years and taught criminal justice at the local college for 15 years. I am sure that this makes you hate me even more. If you Don' like the laws in Texas move somewhere you like better.

We actually like most of the cops (and former cops) that stick around here. Most of them are good folks who care about the rights of citizens and really do want to "serve and protect." Then there are the ones that like the shiny badge, shiny gun, lights and sirens and work day in and day out to make sure Joe Public knows it.

Right now, you're trending towards Group 2 based on your interactions here.

PS - If you need more proof, I can point you to the TDCAA web site for the actual charging document and jury instructions for both PC 38.02(a) and PC 38.02(b) so you can affirm the exact elements required to meet the standard of proof for a PCA and a conviction.

Last edited:

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    The law is there. Get off your high horse and call the Attorney Generals Office and ask.

Why get an interpretation when you can read the law itself in black and white? Did they not teach you how to read the penal code in peace officer school? At the very least, do you not have an "Elements of the Crime" book?

I have stated my qualifications what are yours?

Irrelevant. The law isn't based on anyone's qualifications, enforcing officer or otherwise.

Schools no longer teach cursive reading or writing, so in a few years no one can read the constitution anyway since it is written in cursive. Did you know that?

<sarcasm> Yep. Would be very, very difficult to reprint the document in any standard font in electronic or written format. It's also never been published in such format - it's always printed in cursive, even by typewriters without cursive code wheels.

It's also very difficult for anyone to learn cursive because it's a deep and hidden secret of the Illuminati that accidentally leaked into schools and is finally being phased out by the NWO. In the future, just like learning ancient foreign languages, nobody will be able to do it (just like nobody can translate any dead languages today).

Hyperbole much? </sarcasm>

Last edited:

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I think you are, but the penalty for not showing it has been removed in all situations. I don't remember anything differentiating between whether or not you were armed at the time.

Course, I still show mine cause they will find out anyways. I'd rather them not have to come back and ask if I'm armed if they want to know.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    I haven't been stopped since way before I got my CHL (1995) so it has been a non issue. If I do get stopped, I'll have it out with my DL (Cop's gonna' know it anyway). I'm trying to check the regs. regarding that.

Top Bottom