Patriot Mobile

Will Texas ever go to Second Amendment Carry?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jeffrey

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Longview, Tx
    What I am saying is you should be willing to demonstrate the fact that you are a honest law abiding citizen to have the opportunity to exercise your right to keep and bear arms. The illegal alien with terrorist ties who is a felon and has been adjudicated mentally deficient is not going to get a tatt on his forehead stating such. The intent is not to deprive you of your right, but to make sure that the person who doesn't have the right doesn't get to do the same things that you do.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

So you're saying that if we don't have anything to hide then we shouldn't be worried about being searched? Piss on you.
    Texas SOT

ShelbyV8

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2008
    There is no right to think the other guy isn't either. Why would the terrorist think there would be scrutiny from the police, you have just removed their ability to scrutinize.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I find that so odd. I seriously doubt that any of the people who would be afraid of the scary men holding their scary guns would have any clue what a red straw in a chamber signified.

In addition, if one of those scary men wanted to hurt someone with his scary gun, it would only take a couple seconds to remove the red straw and chamber a round.

Am I missing something here?
    It was probably to protect SAPD. If they knew all those guns were loaded they would have had to taze everyone ;)

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    What I am saying is you should be willing to demonstrate the fact that you are a honest law abiding citizen to have the opportunity to exercise your right to keep and bear arms. The illegal alien with terrorist ties who is a felon and has been adjudicated mentally deficient is not going to get a tatt on his forehead stating such. The intent is not to deprive you of your right, but to make sure that the person who doesn't have the right doesn't get to do the same things that you do.

So I should be required to"show my papers" to be free? If that's what you want, move to Russia. No thanks. I shouldn't have to prove anything, that's the job of law enforcement.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

ShelbyV8

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2008
    I didn't say anything about being searched. I am talking about any and every body being allowed to carry with no control what so ever. Just be thankful that IQ test aren't a requirement for a CHL. Since you have all these God given rights which branch of the military did you serve in?

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    So I should be required to"show my papers" to be free? If that's what you want, move to Russia. No thanks. I shouldn't have to prove anything, that's the job of law enforcement.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Nah, we'll just need to wear one of these ...

jewish_star_350.jpg

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    I need to prove I'm ok? And the ones we don't want having guns don't obey the law anyway.

So the only ones carrying without "papers" are ones with a record anyway.

I know I'm supposed to feel like that's ok. I just cant.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX

You seem to misunderstand how things work. I don't have to demonstrate ANYTHING unless and until there is either reasonable (articulable) suspicion that I'm involved in committing a crime or, in some cases, a witness to one. A LEO that wants my ID or detention for investigation has to get to the point of REASONABLE suspicion first, not use contact with me to develop such.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    You have every right to express your opinions but you should expect and accept criticisms when those comments are blatantly advocatory of erosion of Constitutional Rights.

Bam!

Something we agree on. But maybe he should have to prove that he is worthy of that first amendment right, since he is so concerned about others exercising their rights.

ShelbyV8

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2008
    I stopped because it was going nowhere. There is a lot being stated that is pure false. Laws that are already in effect that you appear not to be aware of come into play. A LEO can ask for your ID as soon as you step from your property on to the sidewalk. If you fail to produce ID, you can be detained and transported to the PD for Failure to ID. If you have a CHL you can lose it for failure to ID. Anytime you are in pubic you are required to identity. This is already law in Texas. I was a LEO for 12 years and taught criminal justice at the local college for 15 years. I am sure that this makes you hate me even more. If you Don' like the laws in Texas move somewhere you like better.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    a leo can ask for your id as soon as you step from your property on to the sidewalk. If you fail to produce id, you can be detained and transported to the pd for failure to id.

Wrong.

Anytime you are in pubic you are required to identity. This is already law in Texas. I was a LEO for 12 years and taught criminal justice at the local college for 15 years.

Damn. Ouch. TXi is about to come in here and humiliate you with the very easy to understand laws regarding Failure to Identify.

Top Bottom