DK Firearms

Would these comments about 2A rights from Gov Abbott get your vote Nov 8th?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Abbott didn't give us everything we wanted.
    Niether did Trump.
    Abbott did stuff we don't like.
    So did Trump.
    I didn't want Trump to begin with, but I voted for him. The second time too. Why? Because I knew, despite the things I did not like, that he was one hell of a lot better than the shit show we have now. And I will vote for Abbott for the same reason. Even though I voted against him in the primaries.
    So, we have a choice. The slow stairs to hell, while we wait for a chance to try to go up,,,,or we just jump the rail and plunge to our doom.
    All because "I didn't get it my way!".
    Life ain't Burger King. You don't get it YOUR. You make the best of the choices you get or do without.
    The slow stairs, and hopefully be able to turn around in the future. Or jump and have no hope at all.
    I for one am not a hopeless quitter. I will fight any way I can as long as I am alive. They are going to have to drag my sorry ass down those stairs every step of the way.
    Those ready to give up and give in,,,,enjoy the fall.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    I've already said what needed to be said. And the responses continue in the "vote Abbott because he ain't Beto....despite his Dem-like record" circle-jerk theme. So that part of the conversation isn't going anywhere.

Y'all brought up Perot a few times. But there was a reason that Perot got as many votes as he did....the Republicans couldn't put up a candidate that acted like a conservative Republican. As a result, voters went for a third option in a Dem-vs.-Dem-lite race. Would Perot have made a good President? Maybe....compared to the other choices on the ballot. And that's what it comes to....are the third-party candidates better as a person and leader than the first two names on the ballot? And are you in the election booth to vote for a representative leader or to bet on who will win an election. If it's the former, research and choose wisely, no matter who it is. If it's the latter, you'll do the state a favor by staying home and watching the Vegas odds.

I'm assuming y'all have values and standards that you live by every day. And I assume that you have no hesitation in standing up for those values and standards in your daily life. So why should the election booth be any different? Me?....I plan to stay consistent, whether that means voting for a third-party candidate or not voting for a Governor at all.

If Abbott wins, then the slow slide continues unabated. If Beto wins, we get an enemy that we can all unite against. If a third-party candidate wins, then who knows?

However it goes, I can still look in the mirror and know that I didn't give evil a foothold with my compromise.....

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    And voting for malfeasance because you think it'll be better next time is codependency.
    And to allow greater malfeasance because of selfishness is called stupidity. What's your point?
    I get it. You have standards of what you want. And you didn't get it in the primaries. Now your feelings are hurt. So you and others are willing to not only punish youselves but everyone else too. Just to point out that you have "standards". Pretty low ones, but you have them. You would rather quit than keep trying or at least get something. It's easier to quit. I get that. But I won't. I don't give in to bullies. The only time I go down and don't get up, win or lose, is when I die.
    From what I am seeing, you won't be alone. There are others that have the same low standards. Sorry, but the standard of "if I don't get my way, I will make sure the world suffers for it", isn't a standard I can stand behind.
    They arecgonna have to keep knocking me down. I refuse to quit and kneel. But you go ahead.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    I've already said what needed to be said. And the responses continue in the "vote Abbott because he ain't Beto....despite his Dem-like record" circle-jerk theme. So that part of the conversation isn't going anywhere.

Y'all brought up Perot a few times. But there was a reason that Perot got as many votes as he did....the Republicans couldn't put up a candidate that acted like a conservative Republican. As a result, voters went for a third option in a Dem-vs.-Dem-lite race. Would Perot have made a good President? Maybe....compared to the other choices on the ballot. And that's what it comes to....are the third-party candidates better as a person and leader than the first two names on the ballot? And are you in the election booth to vote for a representative leader or to bet on who will win an election. If it's the former, research and choose wisely, no matter who it is. If it's the latter, you'll do the state a favor by staying home and watching the Vegas odds.

I'm assuming y'all have values and standards that you live by every day. And I assume that you have no hesitation in standing up for those values and standards in your daily life. So why should the election booth be any different? Me?....I plan to stay consistent, whether that means voting for a third-party candidate or not voting for a Governor at all.

If Abbott wins, then the slow slide continues unabated. If Beto wins, we get an enemy that we can all unite against. If a third-party candidate wins, then who knows?

However it goes, I can still look in the mirror and know that I didn't give evil a foothold with my compromise.....
    We are at war with the left, its bloody and often is hand-to hand.

When you are in hand-to-hand combat, sometimes all you can do is survive the small cuts and try to outlast the enemy until they make a mistake you can take advantage of.

Sitting and not fighting back because you didn't get a kabar and only got a Buck 110 and you might cut yourself because it doesn't have a cross-guard is a fools choice.

Don't allow an imperfect choice to allow yourself to be stabbed over and over until you die because we die too.

You know what makes a great general? His ability to take an imperfect situation and use it to his best possible advantage.

Rommel's withdrawal in North Budge.

Ike's Operation Overlord

Patton's maneuver during the Battle of the Bulge

T.J. Jackson's tenacious hold of a position of advantage, "like a stonewall" while under relentless attack.

You know how you suck at being a general? By needing perfection

B. Montgomery in North Africa chasing Rommel.

B. Montgomery's Market-Garden a perfect plan that went perfectly wrong and killed more than D-day and extended the war because he wouldn't strike during a major withdrawal because it had to be perfect.

Надіслано з дому вашої мами за допомогою Tapatalk

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US

But we’re still waiting to hear who the great 3rd party candidate is that you think everyone should vote for and how he/she will be better.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    All I'm hearing is, "I'm sticking with this boyfriend (Abbott) because he doesn't beat me as much as my other boyfriend (Beto) does." In any abusive relationship, the only right solution is to leave....and smack the abuser down if they try to intervene in your life further. But, codependency is a hard cycle to break....as we see here.....

And I'm not quitting the fight. There are plenty of Republicans I'm voting for....Republicans that will fight for conservative issues, especially if Abbott loses. I just won't play the simp in the Governor's race.

But, y'all have fun with your boyfriend.....iodine and bandages are in the first-aid kit.....

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    ....And I'm not quitting the fight. .... I just won't play the simp in the Governor's race.

But, y'all have fun with your boyfriend.....iodine and bandages are in the first-aid kit.....
    However you're ok with beto taking your guns? Wouldn't you be happier in california?

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    All I'm hearing is, "I'm sticking with this boyfriend (Abbott) because he doesn't beat me as much as my other boyfriend (Beto) does." In any abusive relationship, the only right solution is to leave....and smack the abuser down if they try to intervene in your life further. But, codependency is a hard cycle to break....as we see here.....

And I'm not quitting the fight. There are plenty of Republicans I'm voting for....Republicans that will fight for conservative issues, especially if Abbott loses. I just won't play the simp in the Governor's race.

What you just said was you like Beto better, and will do everything you can to defend your Betofriend because he will not beat you as much as Hot Wheels. Pretty F-ed up analogy. I like the pigeon playing chess better its closer to reality.

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    You do the research....it's your vote.
    I have. I’m just trying to understand a different point of view. I’m not against voting 3rd party, but if you insist that there are better candidates than Abbott, I don’t think it should be difficult to name who they are, and why they are better.

You brought up abbotts “dem-like record”. Are there any dems who have signed open carry and constitutional carry into law? What about banned sanctuary cities, and loaded up illegal immigrants on busses and sent them to liberal cities, perfectly illustrating to the whole nation that liberals think they are the lowest class of people that they don’t want in their own communities.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas

Even in your decidedly absurd example, anyone could see the person who abuses you less is a better option than the person who abuses you more...

Your example is as flawed as it is absurd because leaving isn't an option because one or the other will be there so you might as well use the power of your choice to make it as good as possible.

Don't be a quitter.

Надіслано з дому вашої мами за допомогою Tapatalk

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    I have. I’m just trying to understand a different point of view. I’m not against voting 3rd party, but if you insist that there are better candidates than Abbott, I don’t think it should be difficult to name who they are, and why they are better.

You brought up abbotts “dem-like record”. Are there any dems who have signed open carry and constitutional carry into law? What about banned sanctuary cities, and loaded up illegal immigrants on busses and sent them to liberal cities, perfectly illustrating to the whole nation that liberals think they are the lowest class of people that they don’t want in their own communities.
    Why keep this imaginary 3rd party candidate in the closet? How can he beat Abbott if he is unknown to everyone but you?

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    Anybody changed their mind yet?
    I thought I had done enough to support Abbott in this election. I was incorrect. I should do more to support Abbott and see that beto is defeated. beto begs for $5 and $10 donations even as he is bought by wealthy liberals from out of state. I've changed my mind, I should put up a yard sign and volunteer a few hours to support the best choice available for this election.

Last edited:

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    Anybody changed their mind yet?
    Why yes I did. I changed my mind about the Pidgeon playing chess analogy. At first I thought it was silly, until I read the boyfriend abuse analogy, then I realized I was WRONG, it is brilliant, compared to the boyfriend abuse analogy.

And now this will affect the rest of the day, as I am adding a shot of bourbon to my coffee which may or may not change my mind again.

So, yes this thread has been..., well, so...F-it....

Top Bottom