• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mohawk600

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    Somebody tell me where and why. DFW complex...Houston Metro....Austin...San Antonio....El Paso......Corpus.....Laredo....don't bother. I'm talking real places to move to.
    Guns International

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    What’re your wants, needs, desires. I’m partial to San Angelo based on size, cost of living, proximity to military installation and the outdoors.

Florence also fits for me.
    That’s why I chose Abilene. Big enough for what I need, small enough not to irritate me. Close proximity to military base and easy access on I-20. Short trips to Permian Basin, Hobbs, Oklahoma, and DFW. Or anywhere I need to travel for work.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    I was born and raised in Amarillo.....moved to Austin in 86. Hating life here now. I am going to be in school for the next two years in a radiology program but want to leave as soon as possible. More conservative.....smaller city......**** Austin
    Amarillo would be an ok place to live if it weren’t for those killer winters.

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That’s why I chose Abilene. Big enough for what I need, small enough not to irritate me. Close proximity to military base and easy access on I-20. Short trips to Permian Basin, Hobbs, Oklahoma, and DFW. Or anywhere I need to travel for work.
    This^^^

Or Lubbock.... Good little spots on the outskirts of town.

Dad_Roman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2018
    Teague
    Kerrville is without exception the best town I've ever lived in! Twenty thousand (+/-) in the city and twenty thousand in the county (+/-), and 45 min. to San Antonio (if one absolutely needs to go). Low taxes, small schools, and great "seasonal" weather, as well as lots of friendly people.
    My family has always been partial to Tyler for the same reasons. I believe they are in the 80-100K range. Clean, fairly modern, etc. Substitute "Dallas" if you need to go.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Somebody tell me where and why. DFW complex...Houston Metro....Austin...San Antonio....El Paso......Corpus.....Laredo....don't bother. I'm talking real places to move to.

Depends what you're looking for, really, and how you plan to spend your days and nights.

Pops1955

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    I have lived all across Texas. Grew up in the Panhandle, lived near Wichita Falls, Lived in the DFW Metroplex, Lived in East Texas near Tyler, Lived North of the Houston Metro in Huntsville, Lived near Lubbock for a while, Spent lots of time in South Texas, West Texas and along the coast. Now have lived in Central Texas near Waco for 8 years. This is where I will stay. McGregor, Texas is home for good. All the areas are great. All of the major metros are insane. And as has been said before anything outside the metros is a good start. Waco and McLennan County are awesome. Good luck. There is a LOT to choose from in Texas and it is ALL better than anywhere else.

Pops1955

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    We loved home in Hereford, Love Athens and all the lakes and trees, Huntsville is a really great town with tons of history, Wichita Falls area is really a hidden Jewel, Lubbock area was fun, BUT McGregor and Waco area are it for me and mine. All but one of my 5 offspring has moved to this area since we got here.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Born and raised in Waco. It was pretty nice (for all I knew). Then lived in DFW area (Denton, actually) but back then there was nothing but cattle ranches and Lewisville between Denton and Dallas! Then lived in the Houston Metroplex (UHG!), then back to central Texas outside of town on some farmland near Lorena. Wasn't bad. When I moved to Kerrville I didn't know quite what to expect. It has been wonderful. Raised two daughters here and they loved it also. I'll be here until I pass. :green:

Top Bottom