• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If one likes humidity, go to Houston. If one likes stinky humidity, go all the way to the coast near some refineries! :green:
    200w.webp
    Capitol Armory ad

91B10

HATES: Politicians and Rust
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2015
    South Texas
    I live near La Vernia southeast of San Antonio down in Wilson county, not to bad, San Antonio is the cheapest of the major cities in the country to live in. Lots of stuff to do with or without kids. Gunsmiths and ranges are plentiful and the surrounding areas are pretty nice. Your dollar goes pretty far. Your 2 hrs from the coast (Corpus Christi), three hrs from Houston (5 from Dallas/ft worth) and 5 from Lake Charles (if you gamble). Mexico is a couple hrs down the road and so is Marble Falls (opposite direction). 1.5 hrs to Fredericksburg and hospitals and Military bases abound.
    That being said, Lots of folks have mentioned Brownwood and there is a whole lot to be said for that area too. Brownwood/Brady/ Llano area still has reasonably priced land, good hunting and there are jobs to be had. I hunt in that area and spend a good deal of time up there. All this talk has made me hungry for some Underwoods fried chicken and a BBQ beef steak... all you "Brownwoodies" know what im talking about. :) Dont forget to try the BBQ at Coopers an LLano and good luck friend.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I really like the Hill Country, but the cedars there are not nose friendly. At one point I planned to retire there, not anymore.

Waco is a decent place to live, lots of suburbs (McGregor, China Spring, Woodway, just not on the north side (Bellmead, Lacy Lakeview). And there is a ton of acreage within 30 minutes of town.

I like the Canton area, very pretty, slower pace. Close to DFW for serious shopping and entertainment.

Somewhere SW of Ft Worth. Lots of options, good climate, nice terrain, many farm type options.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    Austin has great restaurants, great bars, great rivers and hiking trails, live music, alamo drafthouse, tons of hot girls, and it's close to everything. Yes some liberals live in Austin but they don't really have any power.

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    Kerrville is without exception the best town I've ever lived in! Twenty thousand (+/-) in the city and twenty thousand in the county (+/-), and 45 min. to San Antonio (if one absolutely needs to go). Low taxes, small schools, and great "seasonal" weather, as well as lots of friendly people. :banana:

And that Gibsons Store there.....

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    I like Waxahachie but it may be getting too big. I live just north of there now and we have been looking at houses near Maypearl which is just west of Waxahachie. I like being just outside of Dallas but it's a little to crowded up north.

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    College Station is getting crowded and is having trouble keeping up with growing population. Also Brazos Valley area recently listed as 2nd most expensive place in Texas after Austin, when you include property taxes, etc. I’d like to be somewhere else.

digger

Curmudgeon
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    West Texas
    I said the liberals in Austin don't run things. Yes, the city council is nutjobs but their scope of influence is limited. Texas has a strong State govt and limits the powers of cities.

And how did THEY get there?? Give it up and just keep "Austin Weird".

Top Bottom