• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    Collective wisdom, help me out: I want a city, or close to a city of 25,000 to 30,000 out in the Hill Country. I think, but am not sure, I have one last move in me, if it doesn't kill me. Older attractive women a plus. Older active women with money a double plus. Willing to live on 30 to 50 acres within 10 to 15 miles of town if I can afford it

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I said the liberals in Austin don't run things. Yes, the city council is nutjobs but their scope of influence is limited. Texas has a strong State govt and limits the powers of cities.

Have you looked at the Austin City Council over I don’t know, say the last 30 years or so? As far back as 2014, Austin was the 14th most liberal city government in the nation and the most liberal in the state. The source data comes from APSR, a peer-reviewed political science journal.

https://www.statesman.com/news/20170217/how-liberal-is-austin

WT_Foxtrot

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    North Texas
    I'll throw out a list of places or areas I will consider when the final move takes place somewhere down the line based on my experiences over the years.

Glen Rose, Stephenville, Brownwood, Hico/Hamilton, Fredericksburg/Llano, Waco or the surrounding area, Granbury, Meridian/Lake Whitney, Graham/PK area, Canyon, Strawn/Gordon/Mingus. And I'd even consider anything along the Red River from Nocona to Clarendon as well as SW of Wichita Falls from Archer City to Aspermont to Paducah to Quanah.

I know....long list. But I consistently give it some thought. Not all of those will meet your needs, but some might that offer the employment opportunities, etc., that you require.

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I liked living in Reno. It's close enough to a big town (Paris) that you can go shopping if you need to, but still has that small middle class town vibe. It has a Sonic, Dollar General, a couple auto shops, and a western wear store but not a whole lot else. The people are mostly nice, there's a good range about 15 minutes away, and there's a ton of country once you get off US-82.

Last edited:

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I tell ya what..... I don't miss the humidity... love the dry air here out west. BUT! I loved the Sulphur Springs area while I was working there. Spent many evenings after work riding the Harley there during late spring/early summer. Beautiful riding.

That stretch of 154 between Sulphur Springs and Quitman is beautiful. Especially around Lake Fork. I've crossed that lake at sunset more than a few times, and boy was it breathtaking.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin

Mohawk600

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    Austin has great restaurants, great bars, great rivers and hiking trails, live music, alamo drafthouse, tons of hot girls, and it's close to everything. Yes some liberals live in Austin but they don't really have any power.
    wrong.......they run the city

Top Bottom