• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DaBull

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 19, 2021
    San Antonio, TX
    Koresh was your standard cult leader and did cult leader things like isolating followers from their families and media, feeding them a compelling story (religious in this case), taking all their wealth, breaking up strong family units, then having his way with wives and children. No love for the guy.

ATF was a bunch of a*s clowns wanting to show off. They deserved to have their s**t handed to them.

But the grand finale was part Koresh and part ATF. ATF wanted to smoke everyone out with tear gas, not realizing that EXCESSIVE gassing creates flammable particles suspended in the air. Kind of like the explosive hazard of grain dust in a silo, or flour dust in a kitchen, or fuel droplets falling from a fuel-air-explosive bomb. Whether Koresh started the fire (as ATF says and I tend to believe) or another ATF exploding tear gas grenade did, the end was predictable given the high winds. With stakes that high (all those kids...essentially hostages), there should have been way more contingency planning with fire and medical involved.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    ATF was worried about being dissolved. They wanted to make a big media splash to justify their existence. Well that did make a big media splash.

If they really wanted Vernon Howell (and he deserved to be arrested on a number of charges), all they had to do was let the sheriff pick him during Howell's weekly visit to town (he went alone).

Disgraceful.
    atf walked into a shit show they created!

Gordo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2023
    San Antonio
    Koresh was your standard cult leader and did cult leader things like isolating followers from their families and media, feeding them a compelling story (religious in this case), taking all their wealth, breaking up strong family units, then having his way with wives and children. No love for the guy.

ATF was a bunch of a*s clowns wanting to show off. They deserved to have their s**t handed to them.

But the grand finale was part Koresh and part ATF. ATF wanted to smoke everyone out with tear gas, not realizing that EXCESSIVE gassing creates flammable particles suspended in the air. Kind of like the explosive hazard of grain dust in a silo, or flour dust in a kitchen, or fuel droplets falling from a fuel-air-explosive bomb. Whether Koresh started the fire (as ATF says and I tend to believe) or another ATF exploding tear gas grenade did, the end was predictable given the high winds. With stakes that high (all those kids...essentially hostages), there should have been way more contingency planning with fire and medical involved.
    Janet, the Bitch, Reno has admitted that incendiary devices 'may' have been used...
    Yup, a tank spraying out huge amounts of fuel oil (the base for deploying TG this way).

Gordo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2023
    San Antonio
    atf walked into a shit show they created!
    Was kind of fun watching the baby killers getting their asses handed to them that first day.
    Half of them were over weight morons.
    No tactical sense at all. (oh, I'll just duck behind this cheap plywood wall for cover).
    The ATF upper management pissing their pants afterwords, trying to figure out how to spin this story so that they didn't look like complete idiots.
    Sorry idiots, too late.
    But raising the ATF flag after all the kids were dead was really tasteless...
    As was letting the killers have pictures taken of themselves, with the remains of the people they murdered was just criminal.
    Should be used as evidence at their murder trials.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    The Sheriff or locals could have picked up Koresh in town, not a shot fired. The whole thing proves that The FBI and BATF should not be armed at all. Makes me sick. The Fed is out of control and taking more power every day.

ATF was worried about being dissolved. They wanted to make a big media splash to justify their existence. Well that did make a big media splash.

If they really wanted Vernon Howell (and he deserved to be arrested on a number of charges), all they had to do was let the sheriff pick him during Howell's weekly visit to town (he went alone).

Disgraceful.

Oldag is spot on. Justify their existence. Heard that from someone who knew.

Have a buddy that used to see DK at the NAPA parts store on 77 on a regular basis buying parts for that sweet Camaro he had. And he jogged down that gravel road every day. They could have taken him without incident, and the sheep would have laid down when they went to see what weapons they had. But they had to try and look like the tough guys. And that didn't turn out like they hoped either.

I saw ol Timmy selling flags out on Loop 340 a couple times. Dude looked like a hitler youth. I would drive out that way periodically to see the spectacle. There were a bunch of folks making a quick buck on that road.

The whole thing is sad from every angle. Innocents killed. Kids whose dads didn't come home that day. Horrible decisions from Reno on down. Politcal BS again.

Last edited:

Gordo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2023
    San Antonio
    That's his name...
    Remember him getting his butt reamed by the few good congress members we still have left.
    After getting ejected for heading up the ATF, he went with some other anti-2nd organization.
    Lon was at Troy until people found out, and Troy's business went down the toilet.
    Then he went to some barrel manufacturing company, Hopefully their business did the same.

Last edited:

WT_Foxtrot

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    North Texas
    Me and my wife watched it unfold laying in bed that Sunday morning. I usually watched TV early on Sunday. And there was Channel 10’s John McLemore in his little Bronco II reporting live at the compound.

It was later revealed the BDs knew they coming. A Davidian saw them at the muster site and sped to the compound. Watching that unfold was like watching shooting fish in a barrel. Agents dropping like flies.

Instead of a show of force the ATF begged for a cease fire. Never forget agents bleeding on the hood of that little Bronco. What a disaster.

Growing up around law enforcement I never would have imagined the Feds would burn women and children alive. That’s the day I lost respect.

DK was a piece of crap. He needed to go. But the intended spectacle made him into a hero for some. And I hate that. Over the years I came into contact with a few of the BDs. Generally hard working blue collar folks. How anyone could allow their daughters to be molested by DK is absurd.

In addition to the Davidians being tipped off about the raid (which was actually due to the ATF's own audacity and stupidity in inviting the news media down to document it for publicity and a media van getting lost and asking someone who turned out to be a BD on a county road for directions), the ATF found out their cover had been blown and the BDs knew the raid was imminent and they were preparing for a fight. The ATF's cover had been blown and they knew it had been blown.

The ATF had at least one undercover embedded in the compound. The day of the raid, once the undercover found out the BDs knew the raid was coming, he got out and made his way to the ATF staging area and personally told the higher-ups what the situation was, that their cover had been blown and the element of surprise was gone, and, per his own sworn testimony, fucking begged them to call it off as they were walking into a disaster.

They refused and they did. And 100% of what ensued that day falls on them.

WT_Foxtrot

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    North Texas

Disgraceful.
    This exactly.

He played in a band with some other Davidians at bars around central Texas to bring in money for the group. Also jogged alone and often swam in the Baylor pool for exercise and would visit a gun shop in Waco on occasion.

There were limitless opportunities to arrest him with zero chance of a fight, injury or death if that was, in fact, the goal. But it wasn't because that would also come with zero fanfare and publicity.

That arrogance cost dozens of lives, including some of their own.

tedwitt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Magnolia, Texas
    Exactly. But the initial raid on the compound that started the whole thing and which could and should have been completely avoided and where the ATF got their asses handed to them by a bunch of cult members due to their own arrogance and stupidity was Feb. 28 of 1993.
    That's when they started in the window on the second story and the ATF guy got shot isn't it?

WT_Foxtrot

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    North Texas
    That's when they started in the window on the second story and the ATF guy got shot isn't it?
    Exactly, as seen in the media footage, in addition to quite a few others.

I remember at the time thinking, what in the holy hell is the media doing there filming this for the 6:00 o'clock news and how did they know to be there?

The answer later came out that the ATF told them to be.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    If I were in attendance I'd be incarcerated...I'm quite sure. Stupid sons a bitches..Ruby Ridge is precisely when this shit show began, Waco was a push on the accelerator, now look at the mess were in.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    THE IT LED TO THE OKLAHOMA CITY BOMBING!

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Love to shoot
    Top Bottom