Target Sports

Ah crap... Navy yard shooting. 10 hit, not sure how many dead.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    And Feinstein is already going at it. I think the first bullet I reload will have DF engraved on the bottom in homage of my favorite senator ever.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    If that is how it went down, people like Dianne Feinstein need to be called out by the media when she is out there calling for gun control based upon him assaulting the base with "a shotgun, semi-automatic handgun and an assault rifle". If he stole a bulldozer from the base and smashed in a building it wouldn't be appropriate to call for increased civilian bulldozer control.

If these are the facts, they need to not be spun into something else. There are so many stories out there about previous shootings, I don't even know what the truth is about those, except they always seem to happen in gun free zones.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Has anyone else noticed that today, all the top people in charge of the benghazi scandal were officially written off? I'll go find the story.

oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Has anyone noticed the media will focus on names of victims of a shooting but not those who have died in the Colorado flood, media selective grief. Note to media, dead is dead no matter from water or bullet. IMO media is the largest source of problems in America today.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    As of this morning, I am hearing he only purchased and brought a shotgun to the base then took the handgun and AR from LE.

If this is true, you won't hear much about this in the form of gun control as it doesn't fit the scenario needed to further the No-Gun agenda. Heck, has anyone heard about the final report from Sandy Hook. I may have missed it, but I am suspecting that since Lanza stole the weapons used from his dead mother and didn't outright purchase them, the anti's don't have much to say. Again it doesn't fit their agenda of outlawing ALL firearms. And that is their goal, however they cannot just come out and say that is what they want, so they need a situation where a person with diagnosed and documented mental issues purchases a firearm from an FFL and goes out and uses it to kill.

Because the evil guns (AR/SA pistol with hi cap mags) were stolen and not legally obtained thru the system that is in place, they aren't really going to have much to say. And i don't see them adding shotguns to their arguments against gun ownership. Remember, shotgun owners, mainly hunters from blue states, are who they use in their polls about gun owners agreeing with "reasonable gun control." Plus, wasn't this guy just following the advise of our own beloved Shotgun Joe? "Just buy a shotgun......."

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Oh, they will have much to say. The truth doesn't matter to them. I'm for keeping guns out of mentally ill people's hands. Each time this happens it is not some normal guy that snaps. I'm also against gun free zones. These guys don't attack police stations or gun ranges.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2

oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    I'm for keeping guns out of mentally ill people's hands.
    Me too however who decides when someone is mentally ill, dangerous ground, do we allow Obama care workers to make those decisions. I've seen guys fake mental problems in government jobs to obtain benefits it also happens in the military. The government has several routes to gun control, the two big ones are health & taxes.

Tomservo92

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2012
    The Woodlands, TX
    Me too however who decides when someone is mentally ill, dangerous ground, do we allow Obama care workers to make those decisions. I've seen guys fake mental problems in government jobs to obtain benefits it also happens in the military. The government has several routes to gun control, the two big ones are health & taxes.

Don't forget environmental. California is trying to outlaw lead bullets due to environmental concerns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Latest I'm hearing is that he didn't use an AR/M16 - CNN says two handguns (taken from wounded/killed security or LE) and his shotgun.

But Zod!! I seen the computer recreation on Good Morning America which showed him using one of those machine gun assault weapons they use in the Army!! I'm confused!!! :p:p

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Latest I'm hearing is that he didn't use an AR/M16 - CNN says two handguns (taken from wounded/killed security or LE) and his shotgun.

It's called creating confusion so that when the "official" story comes out they can change the story as much as they want and claim the confusion of the reporting on the ground for "false" reports that don't fit with the official story.

Not saying this is a false flag (I think there is a much better chance this is a legit terrorist attack as Zawahiri was just calling a few days ago for a flood of small attacks on us) just that's how the media deals with all these events.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

I guess I should add that when they fail to widely broadcast the official story it can continue the false narrative. Betcha if there was a poll right now, 80+% of respondents would answer that a big bad AR was involved.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    So they are saying this guy had criminal record and TX CHL... WTF??

I'm not sure if that has been confirmed. but....

His only conviction was in Seattle for malicious mischief in 2004, which depending upon what the court actually found him guilty of, could have been a misdemeanor, 90 days/$1,000.

Top Bottom