• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    It's more like "Some folks shouldn't be allowed to breed." Dude, if you honestly think you're somehow safer carrying on an empty chamber, you should go back to the basics of gun safety.

TexasRedneck,

OR like the Israelis of the 1945-55 era, you are carrying a REALLY OLD and/or POOR QUALITY handgun & should buy yourself a better weapon.

just my OPINION, satx
    Texas SOT

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    IMHO.

The reason folks would discuss this, or any other like issue. Is the same reason a new police officer would debate the merits of keeping a bullpup patrol rifle inside the cab of the vehicle because of a perceived over all length limitation.

That is, Overthinking, not seeing the Forrest for the trees, fixation etc. I'm not trying to insult anyone, well in this instance and this moment anyways, rather pointing out a common human issue.

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Cand.

Yes, yes you can as I can barely dribble on my boots any longer......
    Forgot about aged ralated handicap.

I can do it with one testicle. Pulled up if that would help.

Or first thing in the morning as my prostate takes a few minutes to wake up. Lol

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I've always wanted to see a girl that could pee like that.......

(you ain't the only one with resistance issues!) :D

A worth lifes goal my friend but I warn you,
    Once you've seen the elephant you will never be the same again

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    candallen;TexasRedneck,

FYI, I used to know a 1LT (female) of the AMSC , who COULD pee on a wall higher than most men.
    (1LT Doris A__________ said that all "horse-crazy young girls" have to learn that "skill" to keep from peeing on their jeans, when out riding, "far from a toilet" & "It's just a matter of learning to aim.".)

Fwiw, I actually LOL at her comments.

yours, satx

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    I *genuinely* didn't, I know that some discussions over the internet can get frisky so I tried my best to engage in a respectful manner, i really don't understand why most of replies are so polarized.

Had I known, I wouldn't post in the first place. What's the point..?

Someone said before that most people think they're right and everyone else are wrong, I don't see it this way. Different people have different set of reasons, sharing knowledge and experience is a good way to grow, IMHO.
    There are a few topics that really get the natives riled up: 9 vs 40 vs 45, Bill of Sale, and Glock vs 1911 are usually the bloodiest. However, the round in the chamber is right up there pretty close.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    how come so many people (majority?) are carrying with a round in the chamber?
    It took me a while to get comfortable. My preference is appendix.

If people pick a good holster, a reputable gun, and have good gun handling habits turned into muscle memory why worry about it?

I think questioning one in the chamber should only revolve around the mechanics of the gun and holster. As far as not handling a gun right...that’s another thread.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Paul Harrell did a nice YouTube on this and he discusses the pros and cons of round in the chamber...

Everyone has to make their own decision. My wife has a Sig p320, really a target gun. No trigger safety and no other safety with a relatively light trigger. Not a carry gun but I wouldn't carry one in the chamber in this gun. My S&W 380 Bodyguard must have a 13# trigger pull. Hard to fire even pulling the trigger. I would carry with a round in the chamber. The revolvers I carry sometimes all have a round in the chamber. Sometimes carry a KelTec p32 in the pocket with a pocket holster, heavy trigger, round in the chamber.

Statistically it doesn't matter because you will probably never use your gun. But, and the big but, if you need it the 1 second or so to rack your gun may make the difference between life and death. Watch enough of Active Self Protection channel on YouTube and you learn that he who gets the first shot off usually wins.

I carried without a round in the chamber for quite some time.

GoPappy

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 18, 2015
    All my revolvers are 4-shooters. Cuz I don't keep a round under the firing pin or the next chamber.
    :facepalm:

I do have a couple of old 3-screw Rugers that I carry with an empty chamber under the firing pin. That’s the way they are supposed to be carried because they’re not safe to carry with a round under the firing pin.

Top Bottom