• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    I'm still wondering why this would happen??? I mean really... that makes about as much sense as say my buffer running out of buffering...

You should really switch to the synthetic buffer fluid. That will eliminate the de-buffering of your spring and/or buffer.
    Target Sports

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Excellent, you got a link?? :)

Truth be told, I actually use synthetic blinker fluid. It seems to work better.

400x300xBlinkFluid.jpg.pagespeed.ic.BuNkZPYBoJ.jpg

pharmaco

Give me those potatoes
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Round Rock
    Last edited:

reddog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2013
    Terlingua

reddog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2013
    Terlingua
    Go 9mm and no buffer tube to worry about then...

Personally any of these SHTF threads are pretty funny in my opinion anyway, so I'll just go with a "gee you're right!" and not give a shit...

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    I have a slide fire attached to pogo sticks. I can jump twice as high and fast now. Its so fast it counters gravity for a few seconds enough to float.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    I've thoroughly been enjoying this thread...there's a lot of puffery and chest-thumping going on. It seems none of the people who are the most antagonistic towards slidefires are willing to consider that one could make use of the slidefire to get off twenty or thirty controlled bursts to keep the mob's heads down and gas tube un-melted while their family members pick the rabble off with their semi-autos. Canadian fire team doctrine from WWII to the present was to use the Bren gun (WWII) or the modern era SAW M249 (Canadian C9 or FN Minimi) or M240 (Canadian C6 or FN MAG) to fix the enemy while the other rifle team members advance or return fire under cover of the machine gun. These tactics have served many Armies well for decades and would probably work very well in mob situation. I guess some of you who never served in the military wouldn't be aware of such tactics.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    I've thoroughly been enjoying this thread...there's a lot of puffery and chest-thumping going on. It seems none of the people who are the most antagonistic towards slidefires are willing to consider that one could make use of the slidefire to get off twenty or thirty controlled bursts to keep the mob's heads down and gas tube un-melted while their family members pick the rabble off with their semi-autos. Canadian fire team doctrine from WWII to the present was to use the Bren gun (WWII) or the modern era SAW M249 (Canadian C9 or FN Minimi) or M240 (Canadian C6 or FN MAG) to fix the enemy while the other rifle team members advance or return fire under cover of the machine gun. These tactics have served many Armies well for decades and would probably work very well in mob situation. I guess some of you who never served in the military wouldn't be aware of such tactics.
    As far using FA to pin the enemy, that has been SOP for all of my career in the Infantry. We had a guy on Point who often carried a shotgun or other firearm, then the 2 guys behind him would roll off a full mag or maybe 2 to the L/R respectively. Giving the rest a chance to find cover and return fires.

At that juncture we clearly agree.

As for slide fire. Lets we are taking a semi auto weapon Gerry-rigging it to wanna be full auto with a far from tried and proven technology manuf by some company called 'we be slide-fire' and you are betting you and your family's lives on it. Ok, that is your choice, best of luck...

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009

Interesting. I like how you combine doctrine for a belt fed fully auto weapon and apply it towards a slide fire stock. If you take a conservative cyclic rate of 750, then that means about 12.5 rounds per second. Cut that in half and round it down to 5 because math is easier in round numbers, and tell me at 5 rounds per second, how are you going to get 20 or 30 controlled bursts out of a 30 rd. mag?

Most of the full auto's you mentioned, or at least the one's I'm familiar with, recommend a 5 - 7 rd burst. The bigger ones drop down to 3 - 5.

Does this mean you recommend your associates pick off the bad guys while you make 4 - 6 controlled bursts and then have them all duck while you change magazines?

I've fired several different belt fed fully auto machine guns, as well as a full auto M16 A-1. The only time I could see going full auto on an A1 is the absolute last resort in the SHTF situation where the rest of my life could be counted in seconds if I didn't get out of this jam, but the range was still just a hair to far for fixed bayonet.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    In our training we were taught to use FA as a last line from belt feds such as the 249 and M60.

The MGs were set at the corners of your perimeter. Ends of the line, etc.

If the enemy rushed and you would be overrun the MGs aimed at a predetermined distance, center of the line. The idea was to form a "wall of bullets" for the enemy to run through.

I wasn't infantry and we didn't train for patrols much. We trained to hold our position long enough to escape if possible, or get reinforcements so that we could escape.

In SHTF, this seems more inline with my situation than running point on patrol.

I don't think a slide fire would work for that and it is a last defense because it will toast the barrel and wipe out the ammo supply.

FA does have a psychological effect though.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    In our training we were taught to use FA as a last line from belt feds such as the 249 and M60.

The MGs were set at the corners of your perimeter. Ends of the line, etc.

If the enemy rushed and you would be overrun the MGs aimed at a predetermined distance, center of the line. The idea was to form a "wall of bullets" for the enemy to run through.

I wasn't infantry and we didn't train for patrols much. We trained to hold our position long enough to escape if possible, or get reinforcements so that we could escape.

In SHTF, this seems more inline with my situation than running point on patrol.

I don't think a slide fire would work for that and it is a last defense because it will toast the barrel and wipe out the ammo supply.

FA does have a psychological effect though.

This is a good move around your SHTF AO. Have intersecting lanes of fire cleared and known the distance of set objects as well.

pharmaco

Give me those potatoes
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Round Rock

If you've got a team that can afford the ammo and risk to perform a bounding assault while you keeps "heads" down with a slidefire slapped onto a carbine then you must really have some special friends with a really special AR and more than one really, REALLY special beta mag.

Last edited:

robinb14

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2014
    Last time I checked snipers do a pretty good job of keeping people pinned with bolt actions...

I'd tend to agree with that. I also would just as soon deal with SHTF with an AR in SA and 15-30 effective rounds per minute. I mean how many 30 round magazines do I have at the ready?

DougD

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    North Texas
    I've been subscribed to this thread since I first posted in it and have been quietly assessing this site while reading this and a few other ongoing threads.

Like so many other firearms forums, it's clear that armchair commandos and loudmouthed amateurs with very little real-world experience and even less regard for evidence-based thought are grossly over represented here. This is why so many professionals eschew Internet gun forums. The barrage of "white noise," willful ignorance, and self-assured stupidity is overwhelming. Meaningful contributions are lost in the storm.

It was a mistake for me to join this site and it was stupid of me to post here.

Top Bottom