• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fortitude88

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2013
    Flower Mound, TX
    Dang, you could have saved a ton of money if you had just asked my wife what that stuff should. We've been married 40 years in December and she's got a great memory. She can quote prices on guns from back in the '70's, and I know she would proudly describe my latest kimber that I bought 'gently used' for $75 or so.

And the rest of you yard birds should be a bit more discreet with what you paid for your guns, my wife sometimes sees this site if I forget to close the browser and she's libel to think y'all aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer for overpaying like you do.

My daughter's wife's brother's dog's can recount dem sales from d' fitty's, 'fo OBAMA 'n all 'dat business up 'n hurr. Yo wife bes' be spendin' all dat monie 'n wun place, yo. Alwayz bein' delinquent 'n payment 'n sh!t. Ain' nuffin' but a hoo lotta jib-jab from a brotha.

(Just wanted to write something as equally impotent as what I was reading).
    Target Sports

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    And the rest of you yard birds should be a bit more discreet with what you paid for your guns, my wife sometimes sees this site if I forget to close the browser and she's libel to think y'all aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer for overpaying like you do.

Just do what I do. When my wife complains about the cost of my guns and ammo, I tell her that it is a lot cheaper than a 23 year old blonde, but I am willing to change hobbies if she insists.

Kyle

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Conroe
    Re: The Price of Owning a Handgun & CHL in the State of TX

My girl told me to buy all the guns and ammo I please... I feel like that's a ploy to get me to put a ring on her finger... or she is just that freakin awesome and doesnt need training.... :rolleyes:

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2

GrandpaOf18

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Elmendorf TX
    Just do what I do. When my wife complains about the cost of my guns and ammo, I tell her that it is a lot cheaper than a 23 year old blonde, but I am willing to change hobbies if she insists.

Mine would answer that the firearms I'm collecting, that would be unneeded if I changed to this other hobby, would be used well by HER.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    My girl told me to buy all the guns and ammo I please... I feel like that's a ploy to get me to put a ring on her finger... or she is just that freakin awesome and doesnt need training.... :rolleyes:

Take her to a Friends of NRA auction, and calmly mention that the .45 you want is there, and is the last one you can get - so you're prepared to bid up to $10k to take it home. IF she stays calm for that, then she's as much a keeper as Schoolmarm....lol!

Kyle

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Conroe
    The Price of Owning a Handgun & CHL in the State of TX

Take her to a Friends of NRA auction, and calmly mention that the .45 you want is there, and is the last one you can get - so you're prepared to bid up to $10k to take it home. IF she stays calm for that, then she's as much a keeper as Schoolmarm....lol!

Lol! She would laugh at me because she knows I would never spend that kind of money on a gun. Lol. However... 2-3k for a rifle.. She would just smile and ask when she gets to shoot it!

A solid suggestion though, I may try it once I get myself a vehicle that doesn't make me look like a thug.

Last edited:

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Lol! She would laugh at me because she knows I would never spend that kind of money on a gun. Lol. However... 2-3k for a rifle.. She would just smile and ask when she gets to shoot it!

Used to say the same....then them SOB's figgered out how much ah love .45's.......an' yeah - dropped a tad over $3k on a rifle at one of the events this year already, too. Then again, I *won* a pair that were worth a *lot* more'n that.<G>

Kyle

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Conroe
    The Price of Owning a Handgun &amp; CHL in the State of TX

Used to say the same....then them SOB's figgered out how much ah love .45's.......an' yeah - dropped a tad over $3k on a rifle at one of the events this year already, too. Then again, I *won* a pair that were worth a *lot* more'n that.&lt;G&gt;

I want to win a gun.. Lol. I'm sure in a few years I won't be so hesitant to spend a few extra pennies on a new toy..

I've been eyeballing 1911s for a while now and I think I have myself convinced to get one

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    OP, you have never answered my post.

Is the Kimber you just posted about in the ' I got tired of waiting' thread the one you have listed here? Or is that a different gun?

Bold black text - Why did you have to by 9mm ammo if you bought a .45acp firearm for carry and 1500 rounds of 45acp ammo?

Bold blue text
    - A CHL course usually includes all these fees rolled into one price. I suppose that depends on how well a CHL instructor is connected with a local range/gun shop establishment. You shouldn't have had to pay for the range time & targets IMO. But like I said, I think it depends on your instructor. IMO $100 is on high side if it doesn't cover your range time & targets.

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    Enough of this gun talk! Does anyone have a poster of Honey Boo Boo's mom in a bikini?

Fortitude88

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2013
    Flower Mound, TX
    The Price of Owning a Handgun &amp; CHL in the State of TX

OP, you have never answered my post.

Is the Kimber you just posted about in the ' I got tired of waiting' thread the one you have listed here? Or is that a different gun?

Bought 9mm ammo because it was the ammunition required for the gun I used to qualify. The Kimber I posted a pic of is the gun I purchased from bass pro as I tired from waiting for it to arrive at SPS guns in Carrollton.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    The Kimber I posted a pic of is the gun I purchased from bass pro as I tired from waiting for it to arrive at SPS guns in Carrollton.
    You've stirred all this up so fair question, what was the time frame delivery agreement (verbal OR written) you had with SPS guns in Carrollton?

Kennydale

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2013
    Richmond/Rosenberg, TX
    $399.00 for Ruger SR40C (last Nov 2012). Went through 500 rounds of target ammo so far @ about $35-40/100 rounds. Handgun 101 class $49 & CHL Class $49. Background check, fingerprints and passport type picture $80. EDC Holster $80. NRA membership $25. Extras about $40 (Locking gun box, gun cleaning kit, Ear plugs) Range time $70-80

Approx $925.00-1000.00 spent so far.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    $399.00 for Ruger SR40C (last Nov 2012). Went through 500 rounds of target ammo so far @ about $35-40/100 rounds. Handgun 101 class $49 & CHL Class $49. Background check, fingerprints and passport type picture $80. EDC Holster $80. NRA membership $25. Extras about $40 (Locking gun box, gun cleaning kit, Ear plugs) Range time $70-80

Approx $925.00-1000.00 spent so far.

Prints are ten bucks as well as passport photos. So twenty bucks. What kind of unnecessary background did you pay for at sixty bucks?

Dont forget to add one forty for the cost of the license.

Top Bottom