• ...and so much more!
  • SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    I'll always remember the time driving my 1970 VW Bug on a freeway and got sandwiched between two 18-wheelers. I never felt so small in my life and the vacuum was crazy. I tried to speed up but couldn't and there were people on my butt so couldn't slow down.
    Hurley's Gold

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    Would that be a BW T10?
    Nope that a super 10
    67515a1a27154e7917a30c0a8e233a78.jpeg.jpg

Zazonkers

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 11, 2021
    Fort Worth
    Read this whole thread. Newbie here, military, been stationed all over. I tell, every frickin’ state has jacka$$ drivers... period. Moved back to DFW after two years in San Diego (yes, Commiefornia), and I promise, they do some things (merging for accidents for one) waaaaaay better than folks in the DFW metroplex, but having been all over TX, we doo things better as well. I will say, was gone for about six years, and now that I’m back..... I comply, but dang, the driving slow as molasses in the left lane has got to stop. Distracted driving whether phones, radios, putting on makeup, gettin’ a handy, whatever... pay some attention to the road so everyone else doesn’t have to try and figure out what you’re doing... grrrrr!!!

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Got stuck behind an okie doing 13 in a 55 today.
    Shit you not. That was shortly after being one of 3 vehicles in sight and boxed in on a divided highway. Pendejo pulled out from a side road and immediately went for the left lane (which I was in) and proceeded to do 45 in a 60. Karen (who I was passing) then gets beside me and slows down to pendejo speed. Phone in hand, of course.

Mocha aught not be exposed to such language.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I never get in a hurry to get anywhere anymore. I'll get there, when I get there.

Dad always said it was better to get there late, than to get in too much a hurry that you didn't get there at all. The older I got, the more it made sense.

ETH77

ZAP Rules
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2008
    Houston
    Read this whole thread. Newbie here, military, been stationed all over. I tell, every frickin’ state has jacka$$ drivers... period. Moved back to DFW after two years in San Diego (yes, Commiefornia), and I promise, they do some things (merging for accidents for one) waaaaaay better than folks in the DFW metroplex, but having been all over TX, we doo things better as well. I will say, was gone for about six years, and now that I’m back..... I comply, but dang, the driving slow as molasses in the left lane has got to stop. Distracted driving whether phones, radios, putting on makeup, gettin’ a handy, whatever... pay some attention to the road so everyone else doesn’t have to try and figure out what you’re doing... grrrrr!!!

Lived and worked in Los Angeles. When you agree to a meeting the time is given as AM or PM. Nobody is fool enough to try to predict traffic any better than that. Being home officed 1 klick from the beach was great. Working for an office on the E coast even better. At 3:00 the decision, MB or boogie board?

rmantoo

Cranky old fart: Pull my finger
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    San Angelo
    Got stuck behind an okie doing 13 in a 55 today.
    Shit you not. That was shortly after being one of 3 vehicles in sight and boxed in on a divided highway. Pendejo pulled out from a side road and immediately went for the left lane (which I was in) and proceeded to do 45 in a 60. Karen (who I was passing) then gets beside me and slows down to pendejo speed. Phone in hand, of course.

Mocha aught not be exposed to such language.

When I finally get around that type of left lane idiot, I normally pull right in front of them, then I'll ride as far to the left as possible, quite often going over the line (when it's safe, if there's no oncoming traffic, etc), and will slow DOWN just a few mph... Amazing how often that type of idiot doens't like not being able to see through the center of my trailer hitch/tailgate... They will then move 1 lane to the right and sloooooowly accelerate... at which point, the peeps who were behind them pass them, I speed up, and the former camper is now reconciled to the correct, right lane.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Off to another forum to whine about how mean everyone here is.

WIN!!

Probably! I noticed the OP hasn't been back since posting on this thread.

Frankly, it sounded a bit like whining to me. He loved how great Texas gun laws and such were, but wanted to complain about how Texans drive! WTF?

Even in Texas, I noticed a huge difference in driving habit in and around the much larger cities, in comparison to the much smaller towns. I use to adjust my own driving habits to those driver around me.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Out of state drivers suck. This morning alone, one guy blatantly blows a stop sign, at speed, and crosses all lanes of traffic coming off a side street. Then a bit later decides it prudent to ignore the school zone 25mph limit, with kids present. Goes ~45 ish by eyeball estimation instead. Still ends up behind me by choosing his lanes poorly. Oregon plate.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    The school zone thing pisses me off. No excuse to speed by a bunch of cars going slow around unpredictable kids. I've seen them screwing around and push each other into traffic. Just kids being kids.

You will ruin many live killing a kid cause you cant drive 15 under the limit for a couple hundred yards.

Top Bottom