• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    I'm joining PSC after the new year, once I get some money.

I was at clear creek gun range (is that what people are calling A&R here, Al Trug's range?) yesterday. I took some new people out shooing for the first time in the group. The range staff were a little bitchy, but to their credit, they had to deal with people ignoring instructions to not approach the firing line during cease fire... one group of idiots actually walked out to put up targets during open fire. On the other hand, maybe a range officer should have been watching. I also overheard a good explanation of the reason for the no rapid fire rule - they're concerned about noobs losing control and shooting over the berm into a neighborhood a mile away.

gerritm

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2009
    seabrook, tx
    PSC is Pearland Shooting Club. It is actually in Friendswood off Nasa Rd. 1. Very nice private facility with many different ranges from handgun to long rifle and shotgun, trap and skeet. Here is a link. It is fairly inexpensive to join, around $150 per year. Several of us just joined a month or so ago.

Welcome to PSC-Range.com

1rightguy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    I have not had any "horror story" experiences at ranges. My father in law won't go to American Shooting Center because he hates all the rules and they have many of them. I did encounter a guy there that took himself way to serious but when you consider the liabilities, first time shooters, morons and even drinkers that go to these places, it's a good thing that they are so regimented. I have been going to Hot Wells and have had nothing but good experiences.

thopkins22

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Houston
    I've been a member at PSC for years. The only other private range around that's worth anything is Impact Zone, where I'll hopefully have a membership soon.

ASC is cool if you need to shoot beyond 300 yards, but I have friends who've been kicked off for NFA items. Sometimes I'll go to Top Gun indoor range if it's raining and I only want to shoot .22lr.

But Bailey's? They'll never get another dime of my money. Be it the three seconds between pistol shots, the fact that you can't post pistol targets closer than 25 yards unless it's a .380 or .22, the retarded load one shoot one policy for long guns, or the fact that they charge PER GUN, not shooter. Bailey's clientele is a strange combination of gangsters and hunters who shoot one box of ammo per year.

Flight954

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Cypress, TX
    All of you Houston area guys forgot to mention the stellar customer service at Hotwells. Rude, crude and socially unacceptable. I only go there to shoot my rifles because it's 5 minutes from my house, yet it just about makes me throwup in my mouth every visit to that place. Why, oh why do I subject myself to such filth, kids for RO's ect... . I had a highschool or right out of highschool range officer on the pistol range mouth off at me for a slight infraction. I told the little prick to F^&%off and I continued shooting.

thopkins22

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Houston
    I had a highschool or right out of highschool range officer on the pistol range mouth off at me for a slight infraction. I told the little prick to F^&%off and I continued shooting.

What was the infraction?

I think it should be noted that I see as many idiots/unsafe practices amongst adult shooters as I do young ones...if not more.

ETA:Not saying it applies to you...just a general observation.

Flight954

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Cypress, TX
    He said I yelled at him about setting up my own targets, which were sitting on my bench. I had to remind the know it all about my targets. He was down range and I was behind the line. That's why I raised my voice. It wasn't a safety issue.

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Does anyone see the ignaroance of posting that you "KNOW YOUR SHOTS ARE AT LEAST ONE SECOND APART"?

Yo are concentrating more on the timeing of your shots that the marksmanship.

thopkins22

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Houston
    Roger that...I didn't mean to imply that it was.

I find it ridiculous that there are places where you aren't allowed to post your own targets.

flex28

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2012
    League City
    sorry to say I joined the ' victim of of psycho s ' club too when my wife, friend and I went there.
    The daughter and father tag teamed me when I asked why I couldn't take a rifle case with nothing in it to the range.
    They screamed with spittle spraying , did the ' you callin me a liar ' chimpanzee routine and howled like mad dogs when I calmy asked them if they knew the case was empty.
    These folks prove that people with mental problems should not be allowed to posess firearms. I really thought both of them were going to draw on me and they were both just spewing their fake alibis as loud as possible so the CHL class could hear them.
    Thank God I yelled 'Don't point that gun at me , I'm not armed! ' . some of the students started to get up and they started screamin at them, we broke for the door.
    These people are not 'unsafe' , they are dangerous and potentially homicidal. This is not just my opinion, my wife and friend agreed. League City police wouldn't even take a complaint, they have a drawer full. I hate to see anyone in the gun community bad mouthed but they have apparently earned it.
    My honest opinion , stay away from this place, you'll be much happierand definitely healthier almost anywhere else.Any other NRA members care to join me in a petition to NRA , Texas State Rifle Assoc. or other group to officially warn members to stay away before someone gets hurt ? At the very least they shouldn't be teaching CHL courses or anything to do with safety or justifiable use of force.

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    Sounds like we need to make a Houston Range day out there...See if we can get on the evening news....lmao!

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Sounds like we need to make a Houston Range day out there...See if we can get on the evening news....lmao!

Please do. Cameras rolling.
    It might be bad but I doubt if it is as bad as some claim.

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin

To hell with that. The grumpy old fart wouldn't even take my money at the counter. I had to stand there waiting for at least 15-20 minutes while the shriveled up undead cadaver gave me the evil eye for absolutely no reason until some younger female came in and took over the cash register. It never said a word the entire time, even after I greeted with 'Good day sir' and said I wanted to get a rifle lane.

That was about 7-8 years ago, never been back and never will. I like PSC, Arms Room, Marksman and that nice exclusive range at SGA just fine.

Top Bottom