Texas Gun Forum Ad
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mosted Hated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by okie556 View Post
    May not be regulatory signs but as WolfWood has already posted.......in construction areas, the fine is usually doubled.
    Only when workers are present
    "Remember those who died, remember those who killed them."- Max Joseph

"Speed is fine, but accuracy is final"-Bill Jordan

Not only are the fines doubled (when workers are present), the officers on patrol issue ZERO warnings and patrol the construction zones like a hawk in Austin. They are very enforceable and enforce em they do!
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
    That is correct, a sign like this is only advisory...

But the signs in construction zones like this are different and enforceable...

Cheers! M2
    That orange construction sign advertising a 25 mph limit is a warning sign. Apparently you can be cited for ignoring one of those signs, but 25mph is not the speed limit in that area.
    Ban hurricanes

Ban hurricanes

Quote Originally Posted by Bithabus View Post
    That orange construction sign advertising a 25 mph limit is a warning sign. Apparently you can be cited for ignoring one of those signs, but 25mph is not the speed limit in that area.
    Regardless of the hair splitting... you can and will get an enforceable fine for exceeding the 25 mph "warning" sign... so tell me what's the difference?

Sounds like a speed limit to me.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by zembonez View Post
    Regardless of the hair splitting... you can and will get an enforceable fine for exceeding the 25 mph "warning" sign... so tell me what's the difference?

Sounds like a speed limit to me.
    Well, in my case the Officer gave me a citation for doing 68 in a 55. The orange warning sign read "55" and he said that was the speed limit, and the citation has "55" listed as the speed limit. The speed limit is 70mph on that road, at the time I was stopped by this Officer. Yes, he could have cited me for failing to heed the sign, or for going 68 in a 70 when the conditions made my speed imprudent, but he did not, and the offense he cited me for did not occur. So that's good for me.
    Ban hurricanes

That is cool.

I wish they looked at it like that here. They are militant between Austin and San Marcos.

Quote Originally Posted by zembonez View Post
    That is cool.

I wish they looked at it like that here. They are militant between Austin and San Marcos.
    Not sure what you mean. The cop who cited me was just confused. BTW, this happened on 183N approaching 1327.
    Ban hurricanes

Bithabus, if he wrote you for speeding, that's not the right offense and you can go to the judge and contest it.
    Parham Custom Guns,
    San Marcos, Texas

www.parhamcustomguns.com

Email: wade@parhamcustomguns.com

Quote Originally Posted by WadeP View Post
    Bithabus, if he wrote you for speeding, that's not the right offense and you can go to the judge and contest it.
    Of course the judge coulde dismiss it and the officer could immediatly re-issue you a citation for the correct offense. Doesnt really get you anywhere in most cases.
    You can only have too much ammo if you are on fire or swimming....

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast