• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    That certainly won't help with recruiting, if potential applicants don't think their forced-to-join union is going to represent them if they wind up in a similar scenario. If this guy gets acquitted, he's still looking at maybe a million bucks in legal fees.

Brennand hasn’t been charged yet. No kidding I won’t be surprised if this quietly goes away and Brennand gets reinstated with SAPD. That’s par for the course.

dfwpi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2016
    So, heard on the news today the vehicle was stolen. Caught he tail end of news report, so not sure if it was this incident or another.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    So, heard on the news today the vehicle was stolen. Caught he tail end of news report, so not sure if it was this incident or another.

While Brennand was responding to a disturbance at a McDonald’s on the North Side at approximately 10:45 p.m., he noticed a car in the parking lot that allegedly matched the description of a vehicle he had tried to pull over on Saturday.

“This vehicle was not the subject of the disturbance call,” said Alyssa Campos, the SAPD’s training commander, in a narrated version of Brennand’s body camera footage released Wednesday. “The officer thought the car may be a stolen vehicle and called for cover.”

Sasquatch

30 Super Carry Post Whore 2K Champ
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Since bad tactics by an officer is a big factor in the shooting this topic is based on, what do y'all think of this:

Casper, Wyoming police conducted a traffic stop. It was a pair of officers - I don't know if one is a trainee, or if Casper runs two man cars (small town, I wouldn't think they would be running in pairs) - while one officer returns to the vehicle to try and run the driver and passenger (who claimed to be the owner of the vehicle), the driver abruptly exits the vehicle. The officer who was running the pair then takes control over the driver as the passenger jumps into the driver seat to flee - the officer who had been watching the pair jumps in the vehicle in an attempt to stop him. The guy takes off with him in the car - getting shot just a few seconds later. He died from his gunshot wounds. Had that officer not jumped into the car in attempt to stop the flight - he wouldn't have gone for a joyride, and the situation might've been resolved without killing someone.

BBL

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    TX

Thank you. Got a link for that, by a chance?
    Been waiting on the truth to come out. All these libtards on the news providing only one-sided reporting. As if the teen were a saint. I had a hunch that he just might not be. They've been trying to hide everything about the suspect very hard. But it will eventually leak out.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Thank you. Got a link for that, by a chance?
    Been waiting on the truth to come out. All these libtards on the news providing only one-sided reporting. As if the teen were a saint. I had a hunch that he just might not be. They've been trying to hide everything about the suspect very hard. But it will eventually leak out.

Keep waiting. Brennan thought the car was stolen hut never confirmed it. Brennan was responding to an entirely different call that had nothing to do with a stolen vehicle. Brennan arrived at the McDs and went squirrel.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Like I said, I'm glad I ain't him. His life is gonna suck.
    Life is full of choices. Actions to take or not take. Some, while legal in the eyes of the Court, should not be taken.
    His life would still be hunky dory if he had just done what he was sent there to do and waited for backup. While maybe legal, clearly an action that would have been better not taken.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    From what I understand, the car was NOT the one that fled from the officer before, and it was NOT stolen. The kid was just minding his own business doing nothing wrong, legitimately. The ex-officer didn't run the tag, he just thought it looked like the car that ran from him, and he guessed that it ran because it was stolen.

He didn't have probable cause. A car just looking like a car that ran from you the day before is not a reasonable basis for believing the occupants are commiting a crime.

It was an unlawful stop.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

BBL

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    TX

Gotta love the leftist misinformation.
    "Cop Shoots Teenager Eating In A McDonald's Parking Lot"?
    Try "Cop Shoots Teenager Fleeing After Being Told To Exit Vehicle"
    Isn't fleeing a felony? Not worth getting shot at (by law or common sense). But I thought it was still a felony that could have been followed up by a vehicular chase.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    From what I understand, the car was NOT the one that fled from the officer before, and it was NOT stolen. The kid was just minding his own business doing nothing wrong, legitimately. The ex-officer didn't run the tag, he just thought it looked like the car that ran from him, and he guessed that it ran because it was stolen.

He didn't have probable cause. A car just looking like a car that ran from you the day before is not a reasonable basis for believing the occupants are commiting a crime.

It was an unlawful stop.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
    Probable cause is needed for an arrest.

Reasonable suspicion is what is required for a detention.

Надіслано з дому вашої мами за допомогою Tapatalk

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Probable cause is needed for an arrest.

Reasonable suspicion is what is required for a detention.

Надіслано з дому вашої мами за допомогою Tapatalk
    I don't think it even falls under reasonable suspicion. Just because the car looks like the one that ran from him before, doesn't mean it is. There are thousands of cars just like that one driving around. No reasonable person would think that car A and car B are the same car just because they look the same. There would need to be something else to tie the two together. Something like the license plate, that the officer didn't bother running.

It was a bad stop and a bad shoot period.

Sasquatch

30 Super Carry Post Whore 2K Champ
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia

I cued up the video right after he requests backup - dispatch confirms he wants a code 3 response, which our shooter confirms. Right after that he does give the plate to be run, the audio is cut out I'm assuming for privacy reasons. The audio doesn't pick back up until the officer reaches for the door, so we cannot hear what the dispatcher's response was, though we do hear the dispatcher's last syallable right before the cop says "get out of the car"

As the second string of fire is let off, and right after, the dispatcher is communicating with other units. He says something about the return on the plate that I cannot make out. I'd like to see transcripts of the audio log on that to see what was said.

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    There was no stop.

Kid was parked at McDs. Cop show up on a call for disturbing the peace, doesn’t even make it inside the restaurant, goes directly to the vehicle in question under the assumption it was the same vehicle from day before.
    It's still considered a stop. It's an investigatory stop.

Top Bottom