• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cbigclarke

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    Dude, you know the answers to your questions. Unfortunately you seem to be the type that enforces the prejudices many have against politicians. (Thanks for the tit bit about the Perry picture not getting you any special favors, warms my heart to know that many in our govt. are not corrupt.)

You are fully aware that you are doing wrong and are trying to justify your actions and figure out a way to get away with it. Obviously you did not learn from your prior mistakes.

Thanks for you interest in this forum, however I don't think many here will continue too assist you in your continued scheming to violate the law.

So Clarke, what is the count now???
    18 thus far...and the day is still young lol

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    But some folks on this thread think he hasn't done anything wrong because he hasn't been caught.

If you are talking about the OP, then that's not quite true.

Some think (s)he (pretty sure "kaylee" is a girls name, could be wrong) is breaking the law, but there is a difference between breaking the law and "doing wrong", whether you get caught or not.

I have seen nothing in this thread that shows the poster is hurting anyone in any way, so I don't see how (s)he is doing anything "wrong", but what (s)he is doing is obviously illegal and I don't recommend anyone doing so without fully understanding the consequences of those actions.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    And because they feel the laws and punishment system are unjust, so no responsibility to follow them.

This leads to a much deeper subject, including when there become a responsibility to not follow laws.

I think you are misunderstanding some of our posts.

I find the idea have having a "responsibility" to follow laws a little bit disturbing, but would need a little time to get the words right to accurately describe why.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    This leads to a much deeper subject, including when there become a responsibility to not follow laws.

I think you are misunderstanding some of our posts.

I find the idea have having a "responsibility" to follow laws a little bit disturbing, but would need a little time to get the words right to accurately describe why.

Probably correct. We are not that far apart. Words have different levels of meanings to all of us.

I just don't like the attitude that if you don't like the law you can ignore it and tell others to do so also. Or worse, know of a law and not tell them about it when they ask. I do have issues with those laws that are blatantly and morally wrong, and we have a obligation to undo as fast as possible. Definitely not going to defend the NAZIs that said it was the law: we had to follow. I feel most of the laws we have on the books now are not being used in that manner right now (could change). Those laws that apply to felons and guns are pretty well established and seem to be accepted by the majority of the population. Don't seem to see much news about changing them. My comments also apply to a lot of federal laws, folks seem to have the idea that if you can't get caught, or there is a slim chance, it is ok to violate, or ignore that they exist.

So you think we scared the OP off, or (s)he has not had time to wade through the discussion yet :)

Last edited:

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    But some folks on this thread think he hasn't done anything wrong because he hasn't been caught.

Sir, that isn't what I said and you don't speak for me................... I'll do that myself.

I did wrong and own up to that. A considerable amount of time (33 years) has passed, I saw a different way and changed. I am law abiding but make no excuses for the past. I was a different person, it was different time and in the sewer we call Chicago. Statutes of limitation expired on my misdeeds before many of you were even born.

Today, I have no arrests, no convictions of any type, no traffic violations of any kind, and not even a parking ticket or overdue library book. I changed, learned, grew and grew up. I vote, serve on juries and obey the law. I have earned the right to speak on the matter of being a good citizen.

The OP is still doing the same shit he did before.

If you'll actually read my first post, I said that the same wrong thinking that got the OP into the felony jam, is also steering him to break the laws of "Felons in possession" and use of firearms after a conviction. Time has passed, yet he keeps snickering at the law. He hasn't changed at all.

Flash

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I think this conversation would be difficult to have on the interwebz.

As you said, words have different levels of meanings and a large portion of communication doesn't include the words being said.

I feel there are laws that are Ok to ignore in many situations. Doesn't mean you wouldn't be punished if caught or that I would defend the person being punished. But in some situations I might.

Just to broad a subject to make blanket statements about, for me at least.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Y'all missed my post back on page 3, but I'm leaning towards troll myself. Lets weigh it out:
    1. Admits to being a felon for a non-violent crime, but dismisses it as though the crime wasn't a big deal ("can't stand the felon stigma")
    2. Admits to continued and willing commission of felonious behavior
    3. Asks for clarification, hopefully by law enforcement, of the ability for him to pursue his wishes despite his conviction
    4. In the SAME POST, mentions he has hunted with a Sheriff friend (ORLY?)
    5. Doesn't seem much concerned with further commission of unlawful behavior, on legal nor moral ground.
    6. Purports to rubbing elbows with high ranking Conservative state leaders

Call me skeptical, but I'm not always one to trust people on their word. Life has hardened me, I guess. I'm thinking there's more to this.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.

Sir, that isn't what I said and you don't speak for me................... I'll do that myself.

I did wrong and own up to that. A considerable amount of time (33 years) has passed, I saw a different way and changed. I am law abiding but make no excuses for the past. I was a different person, it was different time and in the sewer we call Chicago. Statutes of limitation expired on my misdeeds before many of you were even born.

Today, I have no arrests, no convictions of any type, no traffic violations of any kind, and not even a parking ticket or overdue library book. I changed, learned, grew and grew up. I vote, serve on juries and obey the law. I have earned the right to speak on the matter of being a good citizen.

The OP is still doing the same shit he did before.

If you'll actually read my first post, I said that the same wrong thinking that got the OP into the felony jam, is also steering him to break the laws of "Felons in possession" and use of firearms after a conviction. Time has passed, yet he keeps snickering at the law. He hasn't changed at all.

Flash

Sounds like you have changed in the same way the OP has.

You corrected most parts of your life, and still use firearms.

The OP is no longer participating in the illegal activities that he got the felony for, and is still using firearms. Sounds like (s)he is just as good a person as you.

Only difference is, the OP was caught and paid for his/her deeds. You were/did not.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Y'all missed my post back on page 3, but I'm leaning towards troll myself. Lets weigh it out:
    1. Admits to being a felon for a non-violent crime, but dismisses it as though the crime wasn't a big deal ("can't stand the felon stigma")
    2. Admits to continued and willing commission of felonious behavior
    3. Asks for clarification, hopefully by law enforcement, of the ability for him to pursue his wishes despite his conviction
    4. In the SAME POST, mentions he has hunted with a Sheriff friend (ORLY?)
    5. Doesn't seem much concerned with further commission of unlawful behavior, on legal nor moral ground.
    6. Purports to rubbing elbows with high ranking Conservative state leaders

Call me skeptical, but I'm not always one to trust people on their word. Life has hardened me, I guess. I'm thinking there's more to this.

There very well could be.

cbigclarke

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    cypress

The OP is no longer participating in the illegal activities that he got the felony for, and is still using firearms. Sounds like (s)he is just as good a person as you.

Only difference is, the OP was caught and paid for his/her deeds. You were/did not.
    That's it! Back on the list for you!!

hellishhorses

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    Eddy
    If you are talking about the OP, then that's not quite true.

Some think (s)he (pretty sure "kaylee" is a girls name, could be wrong) is breaking the law, but there is a difference between breaking the law and "doing wrong", whether you get caught or not.

I have seen nothing in this thread that shows the poster is hurting anyone in any way, so I don't see how (s)he is doing anything "wrong", but what (s)he is doing is obviously illegal and I don't recommend anyone doing so without fully understanding the consequences of those actions.
    Nope. I linked the poster I was talking about...

hellishhorses

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    Eddy

This is all I'm saying Roger.

I've committed felonies in my life, but never caught. That makes me no worse and no better than you or him, just less documentation that we did it.

*Technically, I was arrested for a felony once. But it wasn't a felony until the following month. Talk about timing...

Top Bottom