Texas Gun Forum Ad
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    KAK

Is the United States really a free country?

What makes a free country? I would argue predominantly self governance.

Obviously Obama doesn't want us to decide on our own healthcare. Obviously the government gets to decide how much more they want to take from our paychecks.

It seems like the highest level of citizen protection from tyranny is the constitution. But we have seen the constitution be eroded away with interpretation. It no longer means what it used to.

Is there really anything stoping tyranny from happening in America? Has it already happened?
    Don't steal, the government hates competition.

Re: Is the United States really a free country?

this will end well...
    Springfield fan!

Banned

Subject of one thousand questions. Really no answers though, just debate.
    Still aint right though.

A legend in my own mind! lalonguecarabine's Avatar

Dude! You seem like a nice guy who really cares about the United States, and our freedoms and constitution in particular! But you really need to reassess your perspective!
    This really IS the most free nation on the planet!
    Yeah. We have our problems. We have shit politicians who care far more about their careers than they do about the people who they are supposed to be governing.
    But you go overseas and try living freely!
    Try living in Pakistan and ranting the way you do on the net about that government!
    Try living in the Sudan and enjoy sitting out on your front porch without getting your ass shot randomly by some Janjaweed gunmen on horseback!
    Try living in Columbia in a town adjacent to a large coca producing field that is cartel controlled and not fearing for the safety of all women and children that you care about!
    Mexico!
    Nigeria!
    Laos!
    ...shall I continue?
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all!"
    Major General James Mattis USMC, to Iraqi tribal leaders - 2003

<sigh> really?
    You can only have too much ammo if you are on fire or swimming....

Freedom in the U.S.A. is something worth fighting for. The American Revolution was about defeating a tyrannical British government. It was worth the fight, because the result was the creation of a country offering the greatest levels of personal freedom in world history. The framers of the Constitution gave us a marvelous means for preserving ordered liberty. The millions who have immigrated to America are a living testament to the high degree of personal freedom offered here. And the present efforts by our current federal government to limit our personal freedom, on so many fronts, points out the need to protect our freedom. This time freedom in America is under attack by our own government. It's a political struggle, the outcome of which will determine whether, and to what degree, we remain free.
    Steyr S40
    CZ 75BD
    S&W 22-4 :crazy-1:

Mosted Hated Member

"Remember those who died, remember those who killed them."- Max Joseph

"Speed is fine, but accuracy is final"-Bill Jordan

KAK,

You should have been pondering and reflecting on those questions for a long time. Is our nation what everything that our forefathers intended? I think not, they probably have turned over in their graves 4 or 5 times by now, in fact they are probably spinning in their graves as we speak. But, like someone just pointed out we are just about as free as it gets anymore.

If you really want to drop a bomb on a hot topic, delve more into the health care and taxation issues. Those are sure to illicit some nice heated responses.

Cheers.

KAK
    I wasn't implying anything I just wanted others perspectives and a debate.

I really agree that we are the "most free" but is that enough. We as humans created this government that really does dictate what we can and can't do. Why are so many people so accepting of little things that the government does that add up to allot of restriction.
    Don't steal, the government hates competition.

I would answer but I am not at liberty to do so.
    Tactical may not always be practical, but practical is always tactical.
    I'd rather be right than politically correct!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast