* IMPORTANT NOTICE: Crossbows are lawful for any person during the Archery-Only Open Season in all counties EXCEPT Grayson County. In Grayson County, no person may use a crossbow to hunt deer during the Archery-Only Open Season (Oct. 3-Nov. 6) unless the person has an upper-limb disability and has in immediate possession a physician's statement that certifies the extent of the disability. An upper-limb disability is a permanent loss of the use of fingers, hand, or arm in a manner that renders the person incapable of using a longbow, compound bow, or recurved bow.
* Any person, regardless of physical ability, may use a crossbow to hunt game animals or game birds in any county, including Grayson County, during a general open season or Eastern spring turkey season.
* An archery stamp endorsement is required to hunt deer during the Archery-Only Open Season. An archery stamp endorsement is required to hunt deer at any time in Grayson County, including during the general open season (Nov. 7- Jan. 3)
* A crossbow is lawful for game animals and game birds, provided:
o the crossbow has a minimum pull of 125 pounds;
o the crossbow has a mechanical safety; and
o the crossbow stock is not less than 25 inches in length.
* Telescopic sights are lawful.