Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: KIDD Rifles

KIDD Rifles

I recently broke down and ordered a full-build KIDD 10/22. I've bought KIDD components in the past and have been impressed by the quality but I've been itching to get them to make me an heirloom piece. My birthday is coming up so I went ahead and spent way too much money on a Supergrade Receiver, Two-Stage Trigger, 20" Fluted Match Barrel, KIDD Bolt... the works. They're bedding the receiver to a 10/22 Classic Premium Claro Walnut stock that I picked up at Stockysstocks.com. The rifle should be delivered to my FFL by the end of September but I'll be basket-case waiting until then.

Do any of you rimfire guys own a full-build KIDD? If so, I'd love to see pics of the rifles you guys own and get a gauge of how you feel about them. I love rimfire rifles... especially the beautiful, accurate ones.

:banger:

P.S. Here's a pic of my partial-KIDD rifle...

Attachment 15269
    The older I get the less stress I have. The less stress I have the more hobbies I enjoy. The more hobbies I enjoy the more money I spend. The more money I spend the less money I save. The less money I save the more stressed I become... you just can't fucking win. -- Me.

Re: KIDD Rifles

Very nice. Tell us more about it. I have been told that KIDD is the way to go. My little stock 10/22 just don't get it. KIDD may be my next buy.
    Go Big then Go Home
    Chuck

Very nice.

Don't let Scott see this..
    A "gun free zone" is tyrannies playground.
    I carry a gun to give me options, not a single solution.

The one in the pic above sports a KIDD match-grade 20" bull barrel. I consistently get 3/4" groups at 100 yards on a calm day. I know the rifle is capable of better than that but I need more practice :happy0001:.

The barrel is mated to their sweet two-stage trigger set at 8oz. first-stage/8oz second-stage. I can't recommend their triggers enough. They're amazing. I also have a KIDD "Speed-length" magazine release and their padded bolt handle and polished guide rod. The stock is a Hogue Overmolded model - not the best choice for extreme accuracy but it has great tackiness and gives me a pretty good cheek weld. I''m thinking of upgrading to a Boyd's later. The scope is a Mueller APV with sunshade... a bit of overkill on a rimfire but it looks cool and helps my old eyes quite a bit :tongueout:

I'll post pics of my new "baby" when she comes in.
    The older I get the less stress I have. The less stress I have the more hobbies I enjoy. The more hobbies I enjoy the more money I spend. The more money I spend the less money I save. The less money I save the more stressed I become... you just can't fucking win. -- Me.

Thanks Pilgrim. I look forward to more pis and a range review.
    Go Big then Go Home
    Chuck

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!

The FIRST second I get my job situation worked out, I am buying a KIDD Supergrade and a S&W Model 41 Tricked out by Clark Customs.

Def posts pics when it gets in and shoot the Monthly Rimfire Challenge, I'd love to see how both of your 22s do. 3/4 at 100 is pretty damn impressive.
    Houston Crew Motto- "Have Gun, Will Travel. Go Big, Then Go Home."

Why did I know that was going to happen...LOL
    Go Big then Go Home
    Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by matefrio View Post

Don't let Scott see this..
    It's all your fault... Don't blame other people for what you did!

:lolz:
    Go Big then Go Home
    Chuck

While we're at it... Tell us all the Specs of what you ordered. I have been a little confused by some of the options they offer such as "MOA on base" and "Rear Tang Option"...

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast