Texas Gun Forum Ad
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Exclamation Anyone know what happened today at Red's in Pflugerville? UPDATED

My wife, and a few other people have said that there was an ambulance, fire truck and some police cars there today. It was also taped off.

Update:

Statesman.com : Man accidentally kills himself at shooting range, official says

Man accidentally kills himself at shooting range, official says
    By Claire Osborn
    Posted: 03/02/2010 7:26 PM

An Austin man died today while cleaning his gun inside his car in the parking lot of a Pflugerville shooting range, said Jim McLean, assistant Pflugerville police chief.

The man, who was not identified because his relatives had not been notified, had left Red’s Shooting Range at 1908 Pecan Street West in Pflugerville around 1 p.m. after shooting his gun at the range, McLean said.

There were no witnesses to the shooting, he said. Police were notified when someone discovered the man’s body inside his car about 4:40 p.m., McLean said.

Detectives found a gun cleaning kit on the front seat of the man’s car, McLean said.

The car was not running but the vehicle’s doors were closed when the accident happened, the assistant police chief said.

“This is just a terrible tragedy,” McLean said.
    Damn

$#@!ing idiots ... we are getting tired of dealing with these morons. Stay at home.

And people wonder how range nazis are formed.
    http://www.subaruwrxsti.org - Subaru WRX STI Information and Tuning Resource
    http://www.vikingspeedshop.com - Tuning Parts for Subarus and others.

Killed cleaning a gun? - doesn't happen. A planned suicide with a 'nice' explanation for the insurance company and family.

Stupid.

Least he could have done was keep the shooting range out of the situation.

I don't get why he was cleaning his gun in the car anyways. I mean why couldn't it wait until he was home. I agree that it was probably just the planned explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by Texasjack View Post
    Killed cleaning a gun? - doesn't happen. A planned suicide with a 'nice' explanation for the insurance company and family.
    That's exactly what I thought when I read it... Sorry for the folks who have to clean up this jackass's mess

Insurance does not pay on suicide and many polices pay double if its an accident.
    Planed offing most likely!
    To bad the range got caught in this BS!
    The Republic of Texas – Not just a state but an attitude!:texas:
    Liberals are like Slinky's - not good for anything but will bring a smile to your face when pushed down a flight of stairs:happy0001:

For more Texas meets come by http://texasgunowner.com/forum/cities-towns/

Quote Originally Posted by MadMo44Mag View Post
    Insurance does not pay on suicide and many polices pay double if its an accident.
    Planed offing most likely!
    To bad the range got caught in this BS!
    Not ture, most whole life insurance pays on a suicide if the ploicy has been in place for more then 2 years.

Many insurance policies pay on suicide after two years. Some pay double indemnity for accidental deaths. Years ago in NYC police officers NEVER killed them selves, they all accidentally shot themselves while cleaning their guns. It does seem strange to "clean" your gun in the car. I have never cleaned a gun in my car, ever.

I have cleaned a firearm in a vehicle before. But i was in a foregin country and i keep the ammo in the mag pouch. There is no way in hell someone is going to shoot themself while cleaning their gun if they are doing it right, its just a way to make the family feel good about it. The article also says that the cleaning kit was in the ohther seat.
    You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas. -Davy Crockett

You can have my guns when you pry them out of my cold dead hands.

When Reagan was in office we had Bob Hope, Johnny Paycheck and Johnny Cash,
    With Obama in office we have NO Hope, NO paycheck and NO cash.

http://www.gofundme.com/5lor2c

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast