Texas Gun Forum Ad
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by proforguns View Post
    BUIS & Aimpoint set up for 200 yard self defense gun.
    This for self defense and an AR15. ACOGs are wonderful if you have the cash to spare.

For an AR-10 I'd get some good rings and good glass.

Depends what you plan to do with the platform. It's lego for boys who never grew up.

AR sight choice?

I run an Aimpoint Comp M4 with 3X magnifier with LaRue flip mount on one of my rifles. Gonna get an Aimpoint T1 on my other rifle. The magnifier helps ID targets at a distance.

Whatever your setup, practice makes perfect. I try to stick with what the Army uses/issues. Like the saying goes, "train like you fight."

Blog Entries

Re: AR sight choice?

Quote Originally Posted by johnpuga1982 View Post
    I run an Aimpoint Comp M4 with 3X magnifier with LaRue flip mount on one of my rifles. Gonna get an Aimpoint T1 on my other rifle. The magnifier helps ID targets at a distance.

Whatever your setup, practice makes perfect. I try to stick with what the Army uses/issues. Like the saying goes, "train like you fight."
    I agree with sticking with military/LE gear to an extent. However, they don't necessarily have the best gear, but they do have a certain level of good standards. The other thing is, I'm not on a fire team so I have to consider I won't be supported by Mk19s, M2s, M240/249s and so on.
    That being said I am thinking of going with an Aimpoint and doing essentially a military setup.
    We persevere. God gives us hope.

AR sight choice?

For my needs red dots are perfect. I have an Eotech XPS but love T1 style, which includes the Primary Arms version.

Aimpoint for me... with BUIS

God Blessed Texas!

M4 has red dot with BUIS (mbus), co-witnessed. AR 6.8 has 3-9x42 as it is a hunting rig. No irons at all.

Trijicon ACOG 3.5x
    Don
    Got here thru God, Guns and Guts, I speak John Wayne, Johnny Cash and John Deere; this make ME: Christian, Conservative, Capitalist, Constitutionalist...any questions?

Life Member: NRA, Texas State Rifle Association and H.O.G

ArmaLite AR10 T

Trijicon Accupoint 1-4x. 1-4x really is a great balance where the only thing you give up is a little weight, and not much compared to stuff like the ACOG or a CompM2.

Accupoint is dual illuminated, too no batteries. If you go Aimpoint, battery life is ridiculously long. Yearly changes only CompM2, and that's a sight I leave on 24/7/365.
    Don't mind me, I'm just making sure I'm on all of the watch lists.

I like them all except for the red dot plus magnifier, which is an overly complicated solution (IMHO).

I shoot a red dot more than anything, mostly carbine matches and Limited Division in 3-gun. Currently running a PredatAR and EOTech. I've got a Tac-Optics rifle set up with a Swarovski Z6i, which is the pinnacle of perfomance from 1-600 yards (again, IMHO). Problem is that most of the pros shoot in that Division, and I don't want to walk the prize table as 130th place.

I shot irons at the TX Multi-Gun Championship this year in the Vietnam Light Division... and won. (that rifle is on top).

Anyway, the "workhorse" carbine (bottom) has irons backing up the red dot. 'Cause you never know.

Options.jpg
    You don't need to get ready if you stay ready.

AR sight choice?

I have a Burris Tac30 on my hunting gun. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377316263.473024.jpg
    And ordered an aimpoint for my new carbine

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast